Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

external Monitor bug

Sep 10, 2012 1:15 AM

Tags: #photoshop #problem #issue #monitor #images #opengl #external

Hi,

i am working on a Macbook Pro Retina and a Fujitsu Siemens external 21,5" Monitor,

when i take a window from my Macbook Monitor to the external, it look like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2012-09-10 um 10.01.41.png

can somebody tell me how to fix this bug?

its not appearing very often, but sometimes. Or is this an Osx Bug?

My OS is Mountain Lion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 10, 2012 1:25 AM   in reply to dersteffen

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2012 10:36 PM   in reply to dersteffen

I'm having this problem too it's really annoying. It effectively renders my 2nd non-retina screen useless for Photoshop at the moment.

Any solutions are welcome... I'd like to keep the GPU enhancements running if possible.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 12:00 AM   in reply to TengTeng101

That does look like a GPU driver bug (part of the OS on MacOS).

Have you installed all the upgrades for Photoshop?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 1:11 AM   in reply to dersteffen

And has AppleCare ever admitted to something being an Apple bug, even when Apple has already admitted to the bug and commited to a fix?

And I'll bet this problem only happens on 10.8 (which has several known GPU driver issues).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 4:02 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

I am running the latest up-to-date version of Photoshop.

Curiously, for some windows it displays fine on the second screen, whereas on others it goes absolutely nuts like the OP's attached image!

I'm also getting alot of persistent graphics that shouldn't be there (on my primary retina monitor), things like artifacts from the free-transform overlay and existing documents (when tabbing between open psds). I could go into more detail, but I'm starting to think it's a separate issue and warrants it's own post, which I'll try to do shortly.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to dersteffen

Not to throw more complexity in here, but have any of you with this problem tried the three different Advanced Drawing Modes for graphics processor operation?

Photoshop - Preferences - Performance, then press the [Advanced Settings...] button.

Make sure to fully Quit Photoshop and restart it after making any changes here, before testing.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points