Skip navigation
linb12
Currently Being Moderated

Fireworks CS6 not opening files

Sep 10, 2012 5:23 PM

Tags: #error #mac #fireworks #bugs #cs6 #fireworks_cs6

Hi,

I installed the trial version of CS6 (Mountain Lion) the other day and created some files, the same files opened for me on another computer using CS5 (Mountain Lion) whilst I was waiting for the full version to get installed onto my Mac.

For some reason now the files are either corrupt or not opening (Could not complete your request, an error has occurred or unknown file type).

The only difference between the two installations of CS6 is that I only downloaded the trial version of individual products and now I've installed the whole master suite.

Please help!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 11, 2012 1:46 AM   in reply to linb12

Same Problem here. installed the full version of CS6 WEbPremium. Worked an a file createt ins CS5.5 yesterday. Today i cant open the very same file -> unknown file type.

Any sugestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2012 1:16 PM   in reply to VR_Kreation

Well you cn reset the preferance for Fireworks cs6

1. In the Finder, navigate to /Users/Your User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe.

Fireworks CS6: Rename the Fireworks CS6 folder to Old Fireworks CS6

2. Navigate to /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences.

Fireworks CS5: Rename the Adobe Fireworks CS5 folder to Old Adobe Fireworks CS5

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 11:10 AM   in reply to rajesh1989

how/why would resetting preferences fix this problem. I'm only using Fireworks CS6 and files are not opening.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 11:39 AM   in reply to linb12

I am able to open files again after restarting Fireworks (Fireworks CS6 on OSX Mountain Lion). Pretty scary bug though, I really don't like the feeling of not being able to open any of my source files--files that have multiple pages worth of work that I would never be able to retrieve with another program.

Where is Adobe in this discussion?? Is Fireworks going to be made more stable?

How I feel about Fireworks right now is not great. I look really unprofessional when people ask me for something and my response is... "Sorry, my files seem to be corrupt let me just take 30 minutes to figure out what's wrong"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points