Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Could Not save File File Not Found

Sep 11, 2012 12:49 PM

After installing Mountain Lion, Adobe Fireworks now returns an error message when exporting via Image Preview.

“Could Not Save File” “The File Was Not Found” The file does save, but you have to click ok to get the error message to go away.

The new fireworks is suppose to be about a faster work flow, this in fact interupts the work flow by clicking the ok button. Totally annoying. Is there a fix to this problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 11, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to joceybella

Moving the topic to Fireworks Forums

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2012 4:08 AM   in reply to joceybella

I have the same problem.

Running:

- Fireworks CS5 (11.0.0.484)

- OSX 10.8.2

Please help! It's super annoying.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2012 5:24 AM   in reply to ChrisG4620

I upgraded to the Creative Cloud and I am still getting this error.  Very, very annoying.  Please help Adobe!!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 11:01 AM   in reply to joceybella

I figured a way out of this to correct the problem. I went back into my Time Machine (or external hard drive) and restored all of the Fireworks files from a date before OS upgrade, replacing all. It worked. I am now able to use the export wizard and export functions without the error message "File Could Not be Found".

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to PMD3

An interesting solution!

When you say "all of the Fireworks files", could you be more specific about what files or folders you restored?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to groove25

Certainly. I clicked on Applications, then Adobe Fireworks CS3, then Restore (if you are using a time machine with a Mac). The files that went with the entire Fireworks CS3 folder were:

• Adobe Fireworks CS3.app
    • Configuration (Folder)
    • Legal (Folder)
    • Plug-Ins (Folder)
    • Required (Folder)
    • Samples (Folder)

Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 2.47.23 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to PMD3

Cool! Thanks for sharing this.

I wonder if there's just a single item that requires restoration or if it's the entire folder. Users who try this might want to consider first making a backup copy of their Configuration folder, if they've made any changes to it since their OS upgrade (i.e., commands, auto shapes, textures, patterns, etc.), and perhaps the Plug-Ins folder, as well, if it's something they've used.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 6:29 AM   in reply to joceybella

I am disappointed in Adobe. They shouldn't be taking this long to correct an issue like this. I have been using Fireworks for many years -- on an almost daily basis -- and this is a royal pain in the derriere.

Brad Dye, Editor

The Wireless Messaging News

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2013 3:01 PM   in reply to joceybella

A coworker of mine ran into this issue yesterday and I was able to resolve it by reinstalling Fireworks over his current install.

For Adobe (in case they are reading this), neither removing all preferences nor repairing OSX permissions fixed the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2013 6:11 AM   in reply to joceybella

To add, I just did a fresh install of mountain lion in hopes of resolving some of these Fireworks bugs. To note, I used disk utility and wiped the drive completely clean, installed fresh copy of Mountain Lion on Retina MacBook Pro (latest model).

Did not restore any files or settings. Went straight to creative.adobe.com and installed Fireworks (latest version) and the problem exists still. Just wanted to make sure everyone this is a bug with Fireworks when using the latest stable version of Adobe and Mac and not anything to do with preferences, other apps permissions or such.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 12:21 PM   in reply to joceybella

Boy I wish I had read this before buying FW CS6. I was using CS4 and had just had enough of the error, knowing that the file had been exported just fine, yet I have to keep closing this error window.  I thought that a quick upgrade to CS6 would fix this and tighten everything up.  Yet NO!  It should be clear to Adobe why so many of us are leaving... You cannot fix the most basic of issues, in CS4, in CS5, inCS6...and care not about the user experience. I have done all the basic things necessary: fix permissions, used the uninstall app to remove FW, then made a clean dwnload and reinstall. No help.  Yet EVERY OTHER APP I USE SEEMS TO WORK WELL, except Adobe. Hm.  What is the hint here? I have been a loyal Adobe customer since 1990s.  Yet this is enough to drive me completely away.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 3:13 PM   in reply to rutherfordcreative

Mine is a new Mac Pro and I'm using Creative Cloud .... Very frustrating error and this just goes to show how little Adobe thinks of us!  I shall look for an alternative and will seriously reconsider my Creative Cloud membership. I really only use / need Dreamweaver and Fireworks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 4:04 PM   in reply to WestWing

and I have just spent the last hour trying to contact adobe online support!  bloody hopeless!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 3:21 AM   in reply to WestWing

I still have this problem.

I cannot wait until I leave Adobe and get away from this utterly appalling company.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 12:02 PM   in reply to Rob Miller

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers