Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Send to Speedgrade is INCREDIBLY SLOW

Sep 12, 2012 4:27 PM

Wow...I have a 9min sequence of 720p P2 clips..click the sequence from the bin, then File->Send to Speedgrade...takes nearly 15-20minutes!!! LOL! SERIOUSLY! And WHY did you (Adobe) send AUDIO to a color grading application???? Why introduce the overhead??? I don't need to hear anything while i'm grading!! Colorist typically don't!!  I'm assuming that .DPX transformation is simply too expensive a process...and your tutorial videos showing this to be some speedy process is complete bull. My system specs:

Win 7 64bit

16GB mem

3TB drive (dedicated to editing, NOT operating system drive)

AMD Phenom x6 1100T

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2012 5:03 PM   in reply to XercesCorrupt

WHY did you (Adobe) send AUDIO to a color grading application?

You sure it did?  Last time I tried this, PP created DPX files, which have no audio.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2012 6:00 PM   in reply to XercesCorrupt

Yeah, how 'bout that.  This must have happened in one of the SpeedGrade updates.

But it does look like the audio export is very quick.  The DPX files are what take time.  That'll be largely disk dependant, so fast RAID system should help.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 7:04 PM   in reply to XercesCorrupt

Yes, my system does the same thing. I thought there was something wrong when I saw the tutorial, and theirs went super fast.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 8:36 PM   in reply to Angelo Wilson

I have never used Speedgrade so I thought I would check it out after reading this post. I tried to send a 30 minute clip to Speedgrade thinking that since my system is pretty fast, it would work just fine. No. Not even close.

So I tried to send a 15 second clip thinking that it would go pretty quick. No. Not even close.

This is nuts. It makes my PC act like it is 10 years old. This will take more time to research than it is worth to me. Sorry.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 8:50 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

Adobe desperately needs a Dynamic Link to SpeedGrade so we can see the timeline in SG exactly as it is in PP, grade it there in SG, then go back to PP and make changes with the grade updating appropriately.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points