Skip navigation
Nicolas.k
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.1 Update

Sep 13, 2012 5:03 AM

Today, an update to Bridge CS6. And know what ? The bug preventing brdige starting on a user account in a domain network is still there !

Could we have an official word about that ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 13, 2012 6:31 AM   in reply to Nicolas.k

Very sparse information on the download site for this update - fixes some hot issues huh!

Adobe can we get some idea of what was fixed in the update - like in some release notes - and not even mentioned on this forum

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2012 12:45 PM   in reply to MikeKPhoto

Alas, I've never seen Adobe be forthright about what bug fixes and/or improvements are contained in an update.

The updated application file shows created and modified dates of 5/11/2012 which is exactly what it was before this update.  So we're left to speculate and Google…

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to station_two

With some updates they have at least given a clue, but the I see at least one fix where the detail panel now contains exposure detail for psd's that was missing from the initial release..................

Clue.JPG

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2012 10:10 AM   in reply to MikeKPhoto

Contrast with the info - long list of items provided by Adobe for their photoshop cs6 13.0.1 update:

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/2012/08/photoshop-cs6-13-0-1-up date-now-available.html

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2012 11:06 PM   in reply to Nicolas.k

Same here. I must say, this is the lamest software "fix" I've seen in quite some time. The TEMP issue in Bridge was known for months. A lot of people use SSDs and set TEMP folder there; I actually use RAMDrive for this purpose -- it only makes sense. Now, instead of fixing some likely trivial issue (bad handling of backslashes or something of that magnitude) it produces this message with very poor grammar ("has encountered... and need to close," "to an existed folder" - how about a little proofreading). Completely unacceptable to put it mildly.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to VasylT

The downward spiral of deterioration in all aspects of the Adobe corporation seems to be turning into a free fall. 

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2012 1:36 AM   in reply to Nicolas.k

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2012 10:04 PM   in reply to Nicolas.k

Par for the course...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2012 1:11 AM   in reply to VasylT

VasylT wrote:

it produces this message with very poor grammar ("has encountered... and need to close," "to an existed folder" - how about a little proofreading). Completely unacceptable to put it mildly.

Offshore development?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to Nicolas.k

OK in Windows 7, I had same Bridge problem with "failed to initialize Adobe PSL",

fixed by running Bridge in administrator mode - now it can use a drive other than C: as temp.

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2012 3:30 PM   in reply to drmrking

dmrking sollution solved this issue for me.

to run bridge as an admininistartor - right click on bridge's shortcut link and choose properties. go to "Shortcut" tab and choose advanced. tick the "run as administrator" and do the OKs.

Now bridge runs without problems (at least for me)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2012 4:44 PM   in reply to Arielinson

That has been a long known workaround, but it does not solve problem and there are some computer security risks from operating in that mode.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 11:37 AM   in reply to Nicolas.k

I was running into the same problem after upgrading to CS6; the Temp folder of my Win7 PC is located on "D:" not on "C:", and I have no intention of changing that for a variety of reasons.

Creating a symbolic link from "C:\Temp" to "D:\Temp" from the command line (run as admin) using "mklink /D C:\Temp D:\Temp" along with changing the TMP and TEMP environment variables to point to "C:\Temp" seemed to do the trick for me.

Bridge no longer crashes on launch when run as a regular user and my temp folder still resides on D:\Temp. Happy camper. This does not absolve Adobe from fixing their problem, but in my opinion it is a far better work around than running Bridge as an admin.

Caveat: I have no idea if the symbolic link will cause any system-wide performance issues.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points