Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

HELP FAST! opacity mask qualities disappear after converting to .eps

Sep 13, 2012 5:14 PM

I cant get this grunge effect to stay on the text when I bring it in to photoshop. However when I open in preview the grunge is still there...

Screen Shot 2012-09-13 at 6.57.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-09-13 at 7.08.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-09-13 at 7.11.49 PM.png

-I have the grunge in an opacity mask over the text

-I have embedded the grunge files

-save for .eps legacy cs3 (I figured I'd go back, I doubt they have cs5 or newer)

-bring into photoshop and the grunge is gone.

-blue box is just for bg so you can see the design

I tried expanding the entire design, I also tried making a compound path. It seems the problem is in the opacity mask. Is there a way to get my design to do what I want?

I am sending this design off to a printer who seems to know NOTHING about printing, not even the difference between RGB vs CMYK, or VECTOR. The client wants to use them even against my recommendation not to. Normally I would just send the .AI but I dont think this guy even knows what Illustrator is...it's bad. I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for him to drag and drop this file for his printer. I'm no expert in this department, and I'm still learning but I need help. Normally I'm talking to printers that give me the settings to save for and were good to go

I have another design that is deep in layers and grunge, and I need to do the same thing as I'm doing with this one

I suppose I could just export huge .png files...that seems tacky though, I dont know. Some advice?

Michael

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 13, 2012 7:04 PM   in reply to mhossey

Usually PDF is used.

eps is not fully compatible with all features - it is considered as an old format.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 13, 2012 7:21 PM   in reply to mhossey

You can change it to none. Open the PDF zoom in and decide if it makes a difference on your image.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points