Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TCS 4 upgrade installation issue

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Our IT department could not get the downloaded update (TCS 3.0 to TCS 4.0) to install properly. It would pause and ask for Disk 2 (??) with no option for directing it to the downloaded files. I downloaded the trial version and installed it; seems to be working OK (without the serial number).

Can I register the trial version that is currently installed with the serial number I have been provided? If yes, then how do I register? Or, is it safer to allow the trial period to expire and then provide the serial number? I don't see where I can enter the serial number with the trial version.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some installation files may be missing in your downloaded setup and hence you are getting the prompt for Disk 2. Please try a fresh download from the web installer.

You can register your trial with a Adobe ID and a serial number anytime. When you launch the product, a Trial screen comes up. Select License Your Software button, then enter your Adobe ID ( you will need to create a new one in case you don't already have it). Once registered, you will get Serial Number screen where you can enter the serial number provided to you.

Hope that helps,

Anchal Arora    

Adobe Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anchal,

Thanks for your response. The problem with your suggestion is that I never get Trial screen when I launch any of the applications in TCS 4.0.

Can I register the product online through My Adobe>My Products and Services>Register New Products ?

Thanks,

Nadeem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a Deactivate option available in any of the suite components' Help menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Yes, I do have a dectivate menu item in Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deactivating and then activating again with your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks! I'll give that a try, but I think I'll finish my current project first (just in case that unleashes any Adobe gremlins ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines