Skip navigation
rachelortiztx25
Currently Being Moderated

Finder within InDesign CS6 cannot find files

Sep 18, 2012 7:38 AM

When I use the finder within InDesign CS6 to search for images or InDesign files it won't find the files. This is especially challenging when I am trying to re-link images. (When I search outside of InDesign, I find them, no problem.) I'm running Mac OS 10.7.4. Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 18, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to rachelortiztx25

When you are trying to relink you need to go to the top right of your screen and select "Links" (its actually directly below your minimize buttom, approximatley 1 inch)

Once at the Links tab right click on your link that you are trying to relink and select "Relink." Once there browse to your file and select ok!

Hope this is what you were talking about, was not sure what you were exactly asking.

Good Luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 8:15 AM   in reply to rachelortiztx25

I was having the same issue, I just installed CS6 last week. I rebuilt my spotlight for the drive, and it seems to be working now.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 6:46 AM   in reply to rachelortiztx25

I am having exactly the same issue. Please let me know if you found a resolution.

Thannks!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 3:31 AM   in reply to rachelortiztx25

Thank you for letting me know. I have tried that as well and it hasn't worked.

I called Apple support and they told me that function is usually associated with the OS. I am going to call them back so will let you know if they find a solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 6:44 AM   in reply to rachelortiztx25

Think I may have worked out a way round it. If you change the drop down box (where it says 'Enable:') from 'All Readable Documents' to 'All Documents' - that seems to work. However I don't know how to make 'All Documents' the default - it seems to revert back when you go to open another file.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2013 12:46 AM   in reply to rachelortiztx25

what is if i whant only to drop an document IN an other? then you don't have this "all document" button!???!??! help? there must be an other solution for this problem …

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 1:50 PM   in reply to BonACol

What about when using the Place command from within InDesign CS6? I have a lot of images that I am trying to place. When I key in the file name or parts of the filename within the search bar in the Place file dialog, I am no longer seeing options listed for files with that name. If I'm in the Finder within OSX, I can see the files so I know they are there. They just aren't showing up from InDesign. Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points