• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make adobe photoshop cs6 run faster?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Ultimate

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP Processor 3000+ GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 768 MB usable

System Type: 32 bit operating system

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed memory (RAM): 768 MB usable

Umm, seriously? You're on a computer with 2GB RAM? Sorry, but that's like trying to fly to the moon with a toaster. Get more RAM and install a 64bit operating system or, as a matter of fact, simply get a new computer. Even cheap notebooks with core3i processors will easily surpass your current setup...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I laughed so hard at your response. I really don't know squat about computers and I'm not embarassed at all to admit that but, I'm trying to learn a bit more everyday. My bad mr. 21,847 posts : ) PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS: How exactly do I get more RAM or install a 64 bit operating system? How much RAM do I need? Can I add scan disk space? What are some examples of computers with core 3i processors? Any of those barrage of questions answered is a big help thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GrantyPanty wrote:

How exactly do I get more RAM or install a 64 bit operating system? How much RAM do I need?

That depends on your computer; best ask in the shop where you bought it.

How much do you need?  The more, the better.  I have only 4GB, and my Photoshop works decently well (for the limited tasks I use it for).  If you use it heavily, probably 8GB or 16GB would be better.

However, you can only use this memory if you use

• the 64-bit edition of Windows
  • the 64-bit edition of Photoshop

Unfortunately you cannot upgrade 32-bit Windows to 64-bit Windows; you need to install it from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines