Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

GPS aware?

Sep 19, 2012 7:02 AM

In the new CS6, is it possible to browse the pictures and see them on a map.

All my photos include GPS data and I dont know how to view that!

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Sep 19, 2012 8:04 AM   in reply to zuzullo

In the new CS6, is it possible to browse the pictures and see them on a map.

Not in Bridge sadly enough, many people do want this feature, or even good support for GPS data but it has not been realized jet.

All my photos include GPS data and I dont know how to view that!

If you have a Mac use iPhoto for that function, works pretty good, for Windows I don't know but there seem to be good 3th party options available.

PS Elements Northern America versions seems to have also the ability with Yahoo Maps but due to licensing this is only possible for the Northern America version

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 21, 2012 2:50 PM   in reply to zuzullo

In Bridge CS6, it's possible to view the GPS data itself, because there's a GPS panel within the Metadata panel for photos that have GPS info.

But I don't know of a way to open that into a map. (In Lightroom there's a button next to the GPS data that takes you to a map.)

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2013 9:56 PM   in reply to zuzullo

You can edit the exif data in your pictures using Exif Pilot. Add the GPS data from an independent GPS (e.g.Windows 8 phone, hand held GPS). the GPS readings then appear in Bridge. Otherwise it is impossible to put them directly into Bridge if there is no GPS built into your camera. The numbers can then be used to find a location in Google maps, but you will have to copy and paste them - there is no direct method that I am aware of.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 7:11 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Omke Oudeman wrote:

If you have a Mac use iPhoto for that function, works pretty good

I thought iPhoto and Adobe don't mix as iPhoto puts the images in a hidden packet.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    May 6, 2013 3:10 PM   in reply to Curt Y

I thought iPhoto and Adobe don't mix as iPhoto puts the images in a hidden packet.

I had to look back because it is an old thread but what I meant was that if you want to see GPS as it should meant to be you have to view the files in iPhoto itself. iPhoto uses a map  (Google Earth?) showing the locations of images having GPS info in the metadata.

I don't know if you can add GPS info in iPhoto but in general, adding longitude and attitude data is not easy, especially when you want to be correct in location and have to look it up

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points