cooldown problem

Participant ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi , how are you all?

i hope you fine ...

here

i have some spells in my game and i want to make cooldown so the player cant use the spell as he want  , i guess the answer is in the  timer but actullay i dont know how to use it in as3 because i used it before in vb and there is object for that , i dont now if there is one in as3 (because i cant see it in the tools )  

thank you and i hope you guys can help me and that and how can i use this object in as3

thank you

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AS3 has a Timer class.  You should use the help documentation to read about how to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no , i just want to know how can i do the cooldown for the spells in the timer

can you give me any small example please?

thank you for your replay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what the cooldown is.  You said you could use a timer to do whatever it is, so I offered what I did.

If you plan to make games using Flash/Actionscript, there are a number of complicated processings that you need to learn how to use.  You need to invest time and effort in searching for solutions and making things work in order to gain a proficiency as a game designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines