Skip navigation
Alan_7
Currently Being Moderated

I keep getting a message that Production Prem CS4 will not install

Sep 21, 2012 9:54 PM

I am trying to reinstall Prod. Prem CS4 on Windows 7 (32 bit).  Each time I run install I get a message that there is some kind of error and it stops installing.  It does not tell me what the error is or how to correct it.  What should I do next?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 22, 2012 1:18 AM   in reply to Alan_7

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to Mylenium

OK so I have the same problem, but have not yet tried to install CS4 on Win 7 (same issue, new computer w/Win 7, original Vista).  If it's not compatible, I don't want to start the installation only to find out that it fails and that I require an upgrade.

So my question is: is it possible to have a completely successful error-free installation of CS4 on Windows 7 32-bit?

Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to Andrew Stivelman

Did you do an in place upgrade of Vista to Win 7? If so, all bets are off.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2012 10:46 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Hi Bob,

No, I am going to completely wipe my h/d and do a clean install of Win7 and reinstall all software.  I haven't checked out upgrade prices from CS4 to CS6 yet but I suppose I should.  That being said, knowing generally how expensive Adobe upgrades are, it would be good to know up front if indeed the CS4 install on Win7 will not work, so I don't waste my time.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2012 11:00 AM   in reply to Andrew Stivelman

If you're wiping the machine I suggest maxing out the RAM and using Win 7 64 bit AND moving to CS6 through Creative Cloud. Absent that be aware that once the new year rolls around you will no longer have an upgrade path and will have to pay full price.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to Andrew Stivelman

CS4 will install on Win 7 without a hitch normally. So whatever issues you experience are specific. We cannot tell, though, since you did not provide the logs nor any more detailed system info. There#s just too many variables to make even an attempt at guessing...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to Mylenium

@Mylenium, please re-read my posts above and you'll see that I'm asking about BEFORE trying to install, not after installing.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2012 12:22 AM   in reply to Andrew Stivelman

You got the right answer: CS4 will work on Win 7 - if and when there are no technical problems. The rest is of no consequence. You're looking fr a 100% answer that nobody can provide and it's slightly pointless to get wound up on such things, if you allow me to put it this way. Even CS6 could not install properly for some reason, so even if you skip CS4, you might end up frustrated... You never know until you try.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2012 4:45 AM   in reply to Alan_7

Alan,

All of your replies are going to the web forum. There's no reason to reply to each post individually. Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Bob

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points