Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Screen on Some Embedded Video

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've found that for some embedded video, when I try to play the content there's some kind of white screen over the player. The sound isn't affected, I can see the preview image of the video before I click play, I can see the preview images along the time bar, the video plays fine in full screen mode, and it plays fine on youtube itself, but when I play some of these videos when they're embedded a white screen blocks the picture (or the contrast becomes so bright that it's all but unviewable). It's almost as if something is on over the video, like a white screen video on top of the embedded video. An example video is the one embedded here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/bml/the-most-scientifically-perfect-football-hype-vide . Unfortunately, I don't know enough about these videos to tell the difference between the videos that don't work and those that do.

I have Windows 7 64 bit (with a pretty new computer with good graphics), I'm using IE9 and I have the latest version of flash player (I just upgraded and the problem hasn't gone away). Turning off hardware accelerator didn't help, ActiveX filtering wasn't on, and I deleted the Flash Player folders in the Adobe and Macromedia caches using explorer, and deleted the browsing data but that didn't fix it either. I'm not looking to switch browsers (I've seen that as a common solution to what seems like a similar issue), but any help fixing this for IE would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot how that looks?

What is your display adapter, device driver version & date?  See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've attached three pictures of the video, one before the video started playing, one with it playing which shows the white over the screen, although the preview images still show (this video has a loading icon as well, though some do the same thing with the white screen but don't have that loading icon), and one showing something interesting I find, in that when I open, for instance, the settings, I can see the image, although it's still fairly faded out like there's still something over the picture, only more transparent.

I have two things listed under Display Adapters, Intel HD Graphics Family and NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M, so I put up a screenshot of the driver properties of each. Thanks.

Video Before Playing.jpgVideo Playing.jpgVideo Playing With Settings.jpgIntel HD Graphics Family.jpgNVIDIA GeForce GT 525M.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines