• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Pro CS6 - Install on device ERROR

Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I check this box and publish ..  at the very end of the compile I get an error saying to check if there is enough free space on the device.  There is 20+ GB free space.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What device is it? Some devices, like Kindle Fire for example, have a limit of app space. For the Fire it's 1 GB, and it doesn't matter if you still have 7 GB free, the app you're installing has to fit within the 1 GB allowed.

Another possibility, there could be an app id clash. You're installing an app that has the same id as an existing one. Try setting your app id to a full and unique version. Like, com.applauz78.greatgame, instead of just greatgame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Device is an iPad3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did having a full app id help? If not, I wonder if you have to set the device to be used for development? Try opening Xcode, and the Organizer window, and connect your iPad. Do you see a button that says "use for development"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to drag N drop through XCode no problem. ..   Changing APP ID didnt do anything.

Another weird thing...

APP NAME field is locked with nothing entered.  I cannot type in that field.  Don't know what's up with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DId you ever resolve this?  I am having th same issue.  I suspect it is due to an older version of XCode that is incompatible with the iPad 3+ ... What was your solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently this is a "Known Issue" (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/known-issues-flash-cs6.html):

[Reference #3309545]: Error stating Not enough space available on device when publishing AIR applications to Android or iOS devices.

The only work-around I am aware of us to install the app via xcode (or Test Flight)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that every time I've seen that error it was because I had changed certificates, and the same app id was still associated with the old certificate. The not enough space error is misleading. Try deleting the old version before installing the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it turns out I wasn't using an updated provisioning profile (one that included the device I was attempting to install the build on). I'm all good now. But man, what a terribly misleading error message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem and it just resolved. Thought I would add to the list of potential causes. This had occurred in the past and that time it was a file name I needed to change. But that was not the cause this time.

After getting the device full error on an iPad 3 for a couple of days and test publishing the .ipa via iTunes drag and drop and then syncing the error changed to "device not found".

I have a Mac Pro and use a cable with an extention on it to connect the iPad 3. This was fine for iTunes and also for direct publishing out of flash for some time but it stopped working.

So I just plugged the iPad 3 into the front of the Mac Pro and it published fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines