• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF Mail, not delivering to other domains.

Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to send email out and have been testing it on other domains, such as gmail, snet, etc.  The emails do not end up in the Undelivered folder, but these domains never get the email.  I don't know if I just noticed this and it has not been working for sometime.  I know it has worked in the past, maybe before we got CF 9.  Any ideas of what to do here, what to check?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into CF Admin and check the logs, specifically the mail log.  See if there is an explanation, there, or in the exception or cftrace log.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say check the mail server. I know that our mail servers are set up so that only certain servers can send emails to domains other than our own. I had to request that my CF server be allowed to do it otherwise it could only send mail to our domain.

I believe it will only show up in undeliverable if the mail server responds with a problem. If the mail server just ignores the email bound for a different domain and never sends an undeliverable back, then it won't show up there.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Waiting for my network/mail server guy to go over the problem with him. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently tested sending email out to my main domain, other outlook domain, gmail & yahoo too for my CFM application running on ColdFusion 8 server, even used all these different domains in single email application together and it was working without any such error.

CF9 should also have these features too but i will also crosscheck these different domains email out feature on CF 9 and will update for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your assistance.  Appreciate it.  Still waiting to investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

I have also tested it on ColdFusion 9.0.1 and it is perfectly working in sending email out to different domains, it should also work at your CF server.

Below is the short sample code, i used to send email from my main domain to other domains:-

--------------------------------

<cfmail from="test1@adobe.com" To="test2@iiml.ac.in" CC="test3@yahoo.co.in,test1@adobe.com"

Subject = "Cfmail Test for different domain mail systems">

<cfmailparam name = "Importance" value = "High">

Please find my test email and reply to me if you get it.   

</cfmail>

---------------------------------------------

Note:- I used correct ids during its execution on my server whereas in this post, i changed those ids as test1, test2 & test3 for privacy purpose.

Kindly perform following step by step to observe issue behavior after each step:-

1. Crosscheck mail settings for your CF server.
  2. Restart CF server.
  3. Set "Error Log Severity" for Error.
  4. Enable "Log all mail messages sent by ColdFusion".
  5. Check mail log if any after sending such emails.
  6. Use "spoolenable" attribute of cfmail tag with "yes" value to check spooled email behavior ( http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec22c24-7f8e.html  ).
  7. Send some such cfemails "with large attachment" to piled these on server spool/Undelivr folder and check spool & Undelivr folders to categorize it for any specific scenario.

Message was edited by: KaifAkbar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation