Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 10 "coldfusion status" command fails silently on Linux

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the server control script (<cf_server_home>/bin/coldfusion) shipped with ColdFusion 10 is partially broken.

On Linux, if sudo is configured with the env_reset option, the coldfusion status command fails immediately without giving any output.

Start and stop work fine, though.

To get status as well, I applied this patch to the script: http://pastebin.com/sJUN5Rj4

This fix works for me on RHEL6 64-bit.

Br,

Jan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan, thanks for passing that news along for others who may trip over the problem.

Just one suggestion: you should also file a bug report (https://bugbase.adobe.com/), as there’s no guarantee that an Adobe rep will read this message, let alone respond to it, or fix the problem based on it.

Now don’t get me wrong, they may well respond here to a message observing a problem. There’s just no promise. If you file a bug report, those are read and responded to.

All that said, many do often file that report and then point out the problems here (even with the details, like you have below), for the benefit of those who might never notice it in the bug report. But then they also add a link to the bug report, so that others affected might add their vote in support.

Just something to consider.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Charlie, that's a good suggestion. I didn't even know Adobe had a public bugtracker available.

Bug ID is 3339175.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation