Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking into a Point of Sale System

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I am a 'newer' BC partner and I was wondering if anyone has, or knew if it was possible to be able to link the BC Ecommerce system with a physical store point of sale system like Smart Vendor. or similar?

This would mostly be for adjusting inventory levels in both systems when products are bought online, or in the store.

Can the API Integration be used for this, and where would I even start?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have customers asking about this as well. Does anyone know of any good POS systems that work well with BC? My clients would like inventory and customer data synced between their in-store point of sale system and their BC site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everybody!

I cooperate with Point of sale systems NY for a long time, they work all around the USA and know really everything about this stuff. So I think they can help you well... Call them for free quotes and they'll give all necessary information.

Hope that I helped you...Wish you luck)))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try onesaas.com. Those guys seem to have all kinds of integrations with BC.

-m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice. Looks like they provide a service that sends data from one system to another? Looks like they integrate with BC. According tho their chart they can send inventory down from BC to another system but not accept inventory changes from that system? I'll contact them and see if I can get more info.

If I learn anything I'll post it here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mario for your suggestion.

I did look at OneSaas as well and it looks like a good option, so far.

Thanks for reasearching and posting your findings Bergess Media, much appreciated.

I will also do the same with what I find out.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like E-Bridge (http://www.ebridgeconnections.com/) can help connect up the data with BC if your client is using Microsoft RMS or Quickbooks POS.

As mentioned before, a combination of the Saasu POS (http://www.saasu.com/pos/) and OneSass (http://onesaas.com) to sync up the data seems viable. OneSass emailed me back and it looks like they will also get in contact with other POS vendors to see if they have an API OneSass can access.

I am a little concerned looking at the OneSass Integration page (http://onesaas.com/integrations). If you scroll down to BC Integrations it looks like not everything travels both ways. For instance, it can push stock to the POS but looks like it can't pull from the POS.

I'll see if I can get some more clarification. You'd think someone would have figured this out by now. What business would want an online store they can't tie into their inventory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. This is good info. Thanks

Question for you: Where are you located? Because I also contacted OneSass and they said they only have integration with Retail Express, which is an Australian-based POS system and do not currently have service in Canada (which is where I am)

Although they did say they would concider a POS in Canada. How long and how much money that would take to figure out, who knows! I will continue my dialogue with them to find out and post here when I do.

Looks like I might have to be looking elsewhere... You are right, you would have thought that someone would have figured this out by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this topic was bumped I'll add that I've implemented this for a customer in retail it worked quite well for stock levels and inventory management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BCMan. I would be very interested to know what POS you are successfully working with for stock and inventory management.

Thanks

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kristen,

It was a custom built solution, we build the inventory management system, basically reduced stock when there was an online order or POS order to a central database with admin interfaces that gave alerts and generated reports and did everything most stores would want. The POS "systems" were iOS devices linked back to "control server" in the store (and backed up to the cloud).

I also also speced work on NCR POS systems integration but most of the time (and in this case) there are different company that sells the the POS system, accounting system, web site, mobile apps, etc so dealing with all of them wasn't easy.

There is another project I am working on that is similar but because the company doesn't have retail stores (they are B2B ie. sell to retailers) it's basically interfacing with their logistics and supply chain systems, most of the fortune 500 have custom IBM, Oracle, SAP systems and (most of the time) good DB admins so these usually run smoother.

Let me know what you are interested in happy to give advice either on the forum on private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi friends, great question about the linking into a Point of Sale System. You can try the choosealliance.com for POS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines