• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I deactivate my installation of Creative Cloud?

Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I don't want to de install my manager from my laptop but the wrong

computer and I want install it on my design computer as well as de-activate

it on the first installed computer.

How do I de-activate it and use it on the design computer.

Thanks Rei

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Sign in and sign out to activate Creative Cloud apps

This link shows how to sign in and out of Creative Cloud. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching this out to a new discussion.  You can deactivate your installation by opening one of the programs, such as Photoshop CS6, and choosing Help>Deactivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before reading this post, I briefly installed InDesign on a work machine using CC. I needed to convert a document. After that, I didn't need the app any more. I deleted the app and all associated Adobe CS6 apps from the machine. Is this machine going to persist as "activated" because I didn't deactivate following the procedure you described for Photoshop?

I was digging through the menus for a quite a while looking for something like this, and finally just uninstalled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but when you reach your limit you will be given a Deactivate all option.  This will allow you to activate on that current computer and then reactivate on up to one additional computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that when comparing to previous options - ie for me, to be able to execute long renders on one machine in AE while continuing to edit in Premier on another box, the licensing is too restrictive. Secondary licensing to allow two machines to use DIFFERENT applications within CC simultaneously would give a better approximation to the way many people currently use these applications. I would be happy to add a small increment to the cost in order to have that crucial functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Djones1261 have you tried to use the workflow you have described?  It should be possible with the current implementation of the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't tried it Jeff, I have been holding off on CC as there seemed to be such concern about these licensing issues. If that workflow is acceptable under the current licensing I'll get on board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can have the software activated on up to two computers at the same time.  You can find more details in the End User License Agreement at http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/#desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two devices is no longer enough for one individual. Adobe should really consider three devices as the new standard -- desktop, laptop, tablet.

The mockery being made of cloud tech -- device dependency rather than user-based -- is disappointing. I expect others to adapt and conquer this before too long. I encourage Adobe to consider a new method for Creative Cloud, which has so much potential but can reach prohibitive levels of cost and convenience in a hurry. Like why does one activation have to kill two activiations? And why is the Team license per user rather than a catch-all price of something like $79 for teams of two people, $99 for three to five people, etc.

So close and yet so far from the reality of the small companies that WANT to use this Adobe service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gsax500 thank you for your feedback.  Currently the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop offerings are only available for Windows and Mac OS.  We do have Android and iOS offerings available but these do not impact your desktop activations in anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, you do realize of course that both Windows 8 and Linux run on tablets. Adobe is making huge efforts in pretending that Linux does not exist and in pretending that there isn't a giant demand for its software to run on Linux, but for lot of people a Windows 8 or Linux tablet is a viable platform that complements both the desktop and the platform. One can have dasktop on a desk, a laptop for travel and a tablet for meetings. Each has a different purpose and nowadays, tablets can in fact run full-fledged operating systems, even the ones whose existence Adobe stubburnly denies. (Valve, Google and Autodesk all admit that Linux exists and they're both doing very well. Admitting that Linux exists does not automatically mean instant ruin. And it does open up the tablet as a creation platform.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, Adobe's licensing is by far the biggest frustration many people have with Adobe's products. I don't mind the subscription model, it's very convenient and allows me to learn new products and become even more dependent upon Adobe , but the idea that I am limited to only 2 computers is crazy...actually, I'd go as far as saying it's an "evil" practice.

If I spend 40 hrs. per week in Adobe products, it shouldn't matter how many computers I spread that across. I want to use Adobe products on all of my computers and use the computer that's most convenient and comfortable for whatever project I'm currently working on. If I'm developing an iPhone App, I need to be running Mac OS on either my iMac or MacBook. If I'm developing a Windows App, I need to be running Windows either on my PC, or via Bootcamp on my MacBook. So that's 4 computers and that's just personal projects. When I'm working from my office, I have another PC, iMac, and MacBook! Yeah, that's a lot of computers (5 computers, but you'd call it 9 because of Bootcamp), but that's what it takes to create things. I don't think I should have to pay a separate license to use Adobe products on multiple devices. I'm one person and as long as it's me using them, I should be free to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also a user that has 3 computers (work, home, and laptop for travel).  When will this license issue be corrected?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for a family license pack.

We're a family with 3 kids. The 2 oldest (11 and 9 years old) need it for school.

My wife and I bought work on Photography. But only one at a time. Either she or I am working at Photos.

But I have my own Computer and netbook and laptop. My wife has an iMac, Windows PC and MacBook Pro.

The Kids each have their own PC and Notebook.

So we're running 10 computers here in the family. Right now we need to pay 350 EUR per month!

That's a lot of Cash for a family! It's 4200 EUR per year. Just for an ordinary family running CC legal.

I know 99,999% of the families run Adobe CC simply illegal because they can't afford it legal anyway.

So maybe Adobe thinks not only about large companies or students but also about families?

I mean, after all... even MS allows this. Families get 5 licenses for Windows products like Office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said!  I have a third computer I just bought, and cannot believe how convoluted this "deactivate" and "activate" process and policy is administered. I am a user experience designer, and this is a classic case of bad UX that Adobe needs to resolve. I feel sorry for the "staff" that has to respond to this issue--they appear really stupid and its not really their fault. Adobe needs to create a good outline of user stories, many are right here in this thread, and design a simple process to resolve each one that includes updating the 2 computer policy, and providing an online registry of your licensed computers or users that you can activate and deactivate online. Other software companies have figured this out and it is disappointing that Adobe cannot get its CC licensing process and policy in line with a good user experience!                                      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign in and sign out to activate Creative Cloud apps

This link shows how to sign in and out of Creative Cloud. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are there any plans in the works for use on multiple computers?  My 11 year old son is learning PhotoShop so his PC uses up one computer of my license.  My office computer uses the second.  Problem is, I have 3 other PC's I use equally and one in particular really needs Audition installed.  I do voiceover work and I record on one PC in the hot sound booth and manipulate the audio on another computer 4 feet away outside the booth.  In this day and age there is no reason to not allow a good paying customer to use his license as he or she sees fit, as long as there aren't more than 2 computers logged into the software at one time.

I used to buy CS outright but switched to cloud thinking you would have improved the licensing issues.  Instead, Adobe gets all the benefit of cloud computing and the customer gets nothing.  A monthly fee forever is now charged yet I still do not have the access I need to the product I am paying for.  I don't think it is fair.  Give me a user ID or password or something and allow me to install my software on any PC and allow me to use 2 instances simultaneously wherever I am in the world, on whatever PC's I choose.  Not fair!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twoyutes what you described is already possible.  I would recommend reviewing Activation & deactivation help - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html and Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud / Common Questions.

For future viewers of this discussion this thread was started on September 29, 2012.  If you have additional questions not answered in Activation & deactivation help - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html  and Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud / Common Questions then you may want to start a new discussion in Creative Cloud Download & Install forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have my account logged in on 3 computers, for example, and I try to go on an app on that computer that is open on my two other computers, I will be asked to deactivate one. After I deactivate one, how do I re-activate it when I don't have any other computers on that program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem with this workaround. I get a screen with deactivate all option.  However it just takes me in a loop...the same message keeps coming up and I can't deactivate all.  Issue as I have changed to a new computer and can't use the programs no matter what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fredrix72 what happens when you try activating on the new computer?  Also are you subscribed the Creative Cloud or which software are you trying to deactivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is REALLY silly - many of us have 3 machines - home, office and a travel laptop computer. Futhermore, we often use our laptops ad-hoc around the house, rather than the home-office machine.

There is absolutley no technical or financial reaosn to allow 2 and not 3 computers to be active at any time. Whoever the product manager is at Adobe who came up with this stupidity needs to just punch a 3 instead of a 2 in that spreadsheet - PLEASE!

I have spokne to several people offline and the next step would be to do a group petition to Adobe to change the policy. There have been at least 30-40 people with this issue on the forums, which means that there are hundreds out there.

My MS Office360 account gives me 5 (five!) computers - there is really no technical reason to not allow 3 instlalations and only one active at a time.

Come ON! FIX IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. I have a home office imac and one in an offsite share space. I also have a Laptop for working in agencies, in a cafe or for travel, like some other users I also take my laptop around into other rooms of the house to keep on working in front of the tv etc. I keep having to activate and deactvate to simply be able to continue on with my work. 3 licences wold make so much sense... and indeed a package for teams of 2 people rather than per user. Currently the teams package (if I wanted to get the software for my husband too is more cost prohibitive than purchasing 2 individual accts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to be kidding me...

There is no other way to deactivate a license in a previous computer than being physically there and closing the session?? There is no web panel to do it??

Suppose this...I got Adobe CC installed in two computers: one in my home computer, and the other in my notebook. But this notebook has been stolen. So I decide to buy a new one. What do I do with my license??

I'm having that problem right now! I have not my notebook here with me to open a CC app and close my Adobe ID Session... So, what do I do in this case?? It's irracional...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with BastianTowers,  I have a older computer with a hard drive that died with an installation of Premier CC on it. I can not sign into the program to de-activate. When I try and the second option and deactivate through CC desktop app on my laptop, I get put in a loop of signing out, with no real solution. This is very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines