Skip navigation
ska2008hemi
Currently Being Moderated

Exporting animated gifs with fade transitions in PS CS6

Oct 1, 2012 4:54 PM

So I created a basic slideshow banner with three different images that fade from one to the next. When I preview it on the timeline, everything looks great, but when I go to save for web and select gif, then hit play for a preview, the fade transitions are gone and they just hard cut from one to the next. Anyone know how to keep those fade transitions when exporting?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 1, 2012 5:54 PM   in reply to ska2008hemi

Here is a great video tutorial where at 2:57 he exports out to a GIF. He has transparency checked, and he also uses diffuse transparencies for his tutorial.

go to 2:57

-janelle

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to ska2008hemi

Perhaps render out the animation to a QT file and then re-import it for export to GIF...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to ska2008hemi

The only way to optimize this is to use less colors and define the frame durations manualyl in the timeline in frame mode, i.e. setting the actual posters to a very long duration on a single frame and then only have the transition regions use multiple frames with short durations. Still, I don't think you will ever arrive at 40-50kB. Even a normal mail blast with static PNGs/ GIFs and JPEGs is larger than that if it contains a huge logo, decorative lines and borders and button graphics... It's unrealistic. With the above optimizations you may get to somewhere about 300kB, but not below, if you wnat to retain the fades. They are what makes your files fat because they introduce lots of colors in teh palette that can't be optimized away easily...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points