Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Infinite Loop issue in Encore CS5.1

Oct 1, 2012 4:47 PM

I have never been as angry at a piece of software as I am with Adobe Encore. I have been crashing it for almost a week now and I still am no closer to figureing out the problem...

I have a 90 minute feature in Pr that I exported as an SD 16:9 (progressive frames) set of m2vs.  I also exported a single AC3 audio file using Surcode.  The moment I import any of the video the software becomes unstable.  My current methodology involves setting up the entire menu system (one SD main menu and 3 chapter sub menus), then import the AC3 as a timeline, then finally importing the M2Vs, one at a time saving after every successful import.  No dynamic links or anything unusual.

Even though it is a 4GB SD feature the Encore process is using almost 2GB of memory when it seems to be working right.  Whenever I try to perform any task I get the (Not Responding) notice and I have to look at the process list.  If the CPU is fluctuating I have a good chance that control will return, if it locks in at 8% then it is stuck in some kind of infinite loop and will never come back.  At that point I kill off the program and try to see if the last saved session will load.  While in the infinite loop the memory will count up to about 3GB thae get knocked down to about 1GB, then start counting back up again.

I have successfully completed the CD creation process once or twice, but it can take mnore than a day to complete what should take 20 minutes.

I have deleted the Media Cache DB, moved the Media Cache DB, re-installed the software, and searched the net for a solution.  Nada...

I am doing this work on my editor:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description  Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name EDITORPC

System Manufacturer System manufacturer

System Model System Product Name

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         980  @ 3.33GHz, 3750 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1001, 12/24/2010

SMBIOS Version 2.5

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume5

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name EditorPC\bgruen

Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 24.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 24.0 GB

Available Physical Memory 20.1 GB

Total Virtual Memory 48.0 GB

Available Virtual Memory 44.0 GB

Page File Space 24.0 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Any suggestions?

Bob

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 1, 2012 7:33 PM   in reply to Bob Gruen

I assume from what you say that you are adding multiple m2vs to one timeline?

What is your process for adding them?

Or the import alone fails before you add any?

What are the export settings from PR?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 1:44 AM   in reply to Bob Gruen

Can you try exporting your project to a different format?  I've had issues with .m2v and ac3 for fairly large file sizes - anything bigger than 2 gigs.

Does Premiere allow you to export to .m2ts?  If so, give that a shot. 

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to bigmanfontu

I am having the same problem however, I can't even open Encore without it crashing (not responding) and I am on a MAC.

Very frustrating

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 8:19 AM   in reply to Bright Street

I'm don't think that is the "same problem," unless you are mixing one ac3 with multiple m2vs on the same timeline. (If the following doesn't solve your issue, start a new thread.)

In any event, the following may not be directly applicable to your OS or situation, but includes global issues and specifics. Look in particular at numbers 1 and 4.

Troubleshoot system errors and freezes | Adobe software on Mac OS 10.x

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/824/cpsid_82414.html

Edit: Reading my mind? I'll add this to your new thread!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points