Skip navigation
slimmm23
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop elements 11 dropdown missing from itunes photo sync

Oct 2, 2012 2:02 AM

since upgrading from photoshop elements10 to 11, i cannot now sync my photos to my apple tv  with photoshop

the dropdown tab in itunes is missing . any ideas on how to fix ?

i have uninstalled and re-installed photoshop elements and itunes but no luck .

thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 2, 2012 3:25 AM   in reply to slimmm23

I don't believe PSE 11 and itunes are fully compatible yet. Adobe folks, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe itunes will need to be updated before this works.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 5:05 PM   in reply to slimmm23

Not sure about the story on this. Generally, iTunes simply reads the Elements catalog. Despite the overhaul of the UI for PSE11, the catalog structure for Organizer is largely identical. So there shouldn't be any real compatibility issues standing in the way. Likely, it just requires an update from iTunes to recognize the new "11" added to various file names. I'll look into this and see what I can discover.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 5:38 PM   in reply to Brett N

Likely, it just requires an update from iTunes to recognize the new "11" added to various file names.

That's what I meant, and AFAIK, it hasn't happened yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2012 9:13 PM   in reply to slimmm23

I am having the same problem - Spoke to Apple Tech support and they say they may get back to me having escallated the issue by Friday 02/Nov/2012

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 4:39 PM   in reply to slimmm23

I have a similar issue with iTunes/Photoshop Elements 11.  iTunes does not detect the presence of Photoshop Elements to provide as an option from the "Synch Photos from" drop-down for a iPhone 5 device.  Spoke with Apple Tech Support and they pointed their finger at Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 10:29 AM   in reply to BuzzP123

It's nice of them to do that, but could they not provide more information on what it is that we are supposed to do to make their application work? Again, the catalog file that iTunes should be reading is the same format as previously (you can actually open a catalog file that has been converted to PSE11 in PSE10 by changing the file extension). So the only real difference is the fact that PSE11 uses a different file extension (with the "11" in it). So it really should only be a matter of iTunes being updated to recognize files with this extension.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 11:53 AM   in reply to Brett N

It now works with iTunes 11.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to BuzzP123

Thanks, BuzzP123. I was just going to ask if anyone had tried the new itunes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points