Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't swipe away from HTML article

Oct 2, 2012 7:12 AM

I have imported an HTML article alongside our InDesign articles. On my iPad, I can swipe from the InDesign pages to the HTML article, but once I land on that HTML article, I can no longer swipe away from it.

This is probably too much of an open question, but could anyone here suggest what might be interfering with the swipe action in that HTML? I didn't code it but I can see a lot of Javascript going on in there, so a suggestion of what kind of thing to start looking for would be helpful.

Note: I can touch a non-interactive area of the HTML page to call up the DPS HUD and navigate to other pages that way, but swiping left or right on that same area does nothing.

Ali

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 2, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to Alistair Dabbs

Hi Mr Dabbs

I'm afraid I can't answer the question, other than to say that HTML is getting a bit more buggy with the last few releases, I have had one bug acknowledged with web views, so who knows. Just out of interest what release are you on and how has the html been built ie Edge Animate? Dreamweaver? do you have _v and _h versions? can you supply files to replicate issue?

cheers

Alistair

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2012 9:15 AM   in reply to Alistair Dabbs

try putting the html into a web view, and see if that works. As I say I have had quite a few issues, and that works sometimes - another work around

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 2:29 AM   in reply to Alistair Dabbs

I take it you have set up hot zone navigation for left and right swipe? that doesnt work either??

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 4:41 AM   in reply to Alistair Dabbs

oh dear, sounds like work around hell! will you let me know if you get a solution. BTW is this happening on SD and HD screens?

cheers

Alistair

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 9:08 AM   in reply to mobly

Hello,

I have got the same problem.

Any news?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 8:53 PM   in reply to jbashh

Thanks for reporting this. I'll ask our test team to take a peek into this tomorrow. It would be helpful if someone could share a folio that is exhibiting this issue with me (neile@adobe.com), and tell me which article has the problem. Share it via Folio Builder Panel or Folio Producer.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 9:10 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

I've been experiencing this as well and have been looking into some issues.

I believe this is very specific to html that is jQuery dependent.  If you create a very simple HTML page with just an image or text, it scrolls fine.  HTML created with Edge is the same.  You can easily grab onto any interactive buttons within an Edge html overlay and the entire page still scrolls.  However, I'm finding that any interactive feature created with jQuery (such as a 360spin) will not allow scrolling UNLESS it's specifically built into the .js file(s).  Then it's a matter of making sure the scrollable function in the main html document is set to 'true' or something like that.

Basically what you need to do is try and get the original developer of the script to add scrollable functionality. (it may in fact already be feature and simple needs to be enabled.  make sure to check and see if there are any variable options)

I really don't think this is a DPS issue, but I could be wrong.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 10:27 AM   in reply to landrvr1

We've played around with this a bit and it doesn't appear to be DPS-specific. If you load up the same content in Mobile Safari and try to swipe down you'll see the swipe has no effect. Normally in Safari you can swipe down and get a little page movement and rebound effect.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 11:30 AM   in reply to Neil Enns - Adobe

Yup.  It's completely jQuery - which on it's face doesn't allow scrolling unless it's been added into the functions.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to Alistair Dabbs

Alistair, what kind of interactivity do you have going on in your html/jQuery?  Your first post mentions a non-interactive area of the page where you can call up the menu but can't swipe.  If you place a simple overlay with a transparent box in those non interactive areas, the swipe should return.  Just used this method for my nearly full-screen jQuery 360spin  - where I'm only leaving a small portion of the screen at the bottom open to the 360....

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 10:22 AM   in reply to Alistair Dabbs

I was wondering if anyone had found any solutions to using a full page HTML article and still having the ability to turn the page? I am working on a project that controls an animation by swiping up/down on the screen but when it is added to InDesign I cannot get off the page!

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,643 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2013 10:58 AM   in reply to Birkwin

One option is to create a Web Content overlay instead of an HTML article, and make the overlay take up most of the page, leaving room for a navigation area.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 3:40 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

In a full page HTML article other 2 option can be?

1) place over a big button that navto to another page (gotopage do not work - i think).

2) if the article is only 1 page why do not use Horizontal Swipe Only?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2014 12:52 PM   in reply to Folobo

I was wondering if there was a solution to this problem. I'm experiencing the issue for articles that I created in Adobe Muse that utiilize the parallax scrolling effect. Is there any jQuery function that can be added and where in order to allow for horizontal swiping? In a browser my page is aligned left and when I pull it into DPS I can swipe right-to-left to get to a previous article but not rleft-to-right to get to next article.

Any help would be much appreciated.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points