Skip navigation
Maria_101a
Currently Being Moderated

Error Code U44M1P210 Adobe Application Manager?

Oct 2, 2012 12:13 PM

Tags: #cs5 #error #code #application_manager #premiere_elements_11 #u44m1p210

After installing the trial for Adobe Premiere Elements 11, I get error messages whenever I run updates on my existing (installed) CS5 software.

The main error code is:  Adobe Application Manager - There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1P210.  None of the CS5 products were able to be updated including Camera Raw.

Any help/feedback would be awesome.

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 2, 2012 12:44 PM   in reply to Maria_101a

Maria,

This is a new one to me, but then PrE 11 is brand new, and not THAT many users also have one of the Premiere Pro suites.

I would contact Adobe directly. Though with the release of PrE 11, there might be a limited Adobe presence here for a bit. Even with that, you will probably get more direct and instantaneous help, from Adobe.

Going back some years, I had Adobe Production Studio CS 2 installed, and then added PrE 4.0. PrE broke almost everything in my full CS 2 suite, and I had to do a Repair Install of the entire suite. By that time, Adobe was aware of the potential problem, and already had a KB Article, on how to fix things, which helped me, as it saved a lot of troubleshooting. Maybe something similar now? If there ARE issues, that are not unique to a particular installation, Adobe needs to know instantly, so that they can either get out a FIX, or at least publish instructions on getting things back up and running.

Please update your thread, as several of us have both PrE and PrPro on the same machines. I have yet to upgrade to PrE 11, and will see how this shakes out, as I cannot loose my PrPro.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2012 10:17 PM   in reply to Maria_101a

Sorry to hear that Adobe does not have a "quick fix" yet.

As I have PrPro (Production Premium), I will wait to hear of Adobe's answer to you, before I upgrade my PrE.

Thanks for reporting, and please keep this thread updated.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 4:15 AM   in reply to Maria_101a

Hi Maria,

Would you please share logs from the following location:

<user home>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\aamu.log, aamui.log, aamun.log

%temp%\PDApp.log, Elements11OragnizerInstall.log, *PRE11*.log, amt3.log, oobelib.log

<common files>\Adobe\Installers\PRE11 STI installer*.log.gz, Premiere*.log.gz

We'll get back to your at the earliest once we have the logs and can analyse the problem.

thanks.

~ Shefali

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to ShefaliG

Welcome ShefaliG,

It appears that you are an Adobe Employee. Terri Stone (Adobe Forum Team Director) will probably be contacting you, to get your "Adobe Staff" badge.

Thank you for your work on this problem, and hope that Marie's logs will be of help to you. While the majority of PrE 11 users will not likely have the CS 6 Production Premium, or Master Collection, quite a few users here (myself included), do, and could be impacted. I will be following this thread closely, in hopes that Adobe can help out.

Especially with a new release, we extend the warmest welcome to any and all Adobe employees.

Appreciated,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I see that John C., Adobe-Admin has taken care of the badging.

Again, a great big welcome to ShefaliG!

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 4:10 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

A big thanks to you Hunt!

Adobe staff is just happy to help here.

Maria,

The error code you shared suggests that there was some permissions issue. Please check if the user on your machine has some permissions problem.

We'd wait for the logs from your machine for a further investigation.

Thanks.

~ Shefali

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 7:39 AM   in reply to ShefaliG

No, thank you for your help here.

This error was a new one for me. Until this thread, I had not read of it.

Strangely, there are now two, very similar threads, with very similar error messages, in the Photoshop forum. I do not know if there are any common aspects with those posters. Predicated on this thread, I have asked if they also happen to have PrE 11, or PSE 11, besides PS CS 6. I also linked to this thread, in case there might be some help offered here. Anything that you are able to find out, might well be helpful to others in the PS Forum.

Also, we're very fortunate to have Chris Cox, a Senior Engineer on the Photoshop Team, over there. He is usually able to dig more deeply, than we mere users can, when it comes to error messages. As of yesterday evening, he had not shown up in those threads, but if he does, and has anything to offer, I will add his comments in that forum, to this thread.

@ Maria, good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 7:41 AM   in reply to ShefaliG

Though they may not have any benefit for Maria, and this particular error message, here are those Photoshop Forum threads:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1076299?tstart=30

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1075969?tstart=0

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Be sure to see the second link, http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1075969?tstart=0 as that Photoshop user solved the problem with an uninstall/reinstall of Photoshop, then a successful update of that program. Seems that his problem was with a failed attempted update, though the update, itself, did not throw any error message, and did not indicate the initial failure. SG, and Adobe engineer, seems to have traced that problem to a Certificate issue in the updating process.

That may, or may not have anything to do with Maria's similar error message.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2012 4:38 AM   in reply to Maria_101a

Maria,

Could you please email those logs to me on my Adobe Id you see here?

I'm not sure if you see/have an 'Upload' option on this foum. If you do, you could please just upload the files and leave a message here

Thanks.

~ Shefali

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2012 6:12 AM   in reply to Maria_101a

Hi Maria,

Thanks; I received your logs and the logs suggest that for some reason, the OS is NOT able to extract the updates after a successful download. That sounds like the OS has a trouble with the extraction. Nevertheless, we'd like to have a connect session with you to see the problem on your system. Please let me know your comfortable timings a little in advance for a connect session? I'd share the details of the session then.

You can send the logs files on shefalig@adobe.com

Thanks.

~ Shefali

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2012 2:36 AM   in reply to Maria_101a

Hi Maria,

I received the logs you sent, thanks. We're looking into this issue. We are trying to reproduce this issue on our test environment.

Meanwhile, could you please update your Adobe Application Manager from the following location:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2012 3:52 AM   in reply to Maria_101a

Hi Maria,

Could you please download and run the update you're trying to apply from the location below:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/?promoid=DIOEC

This way we can avoid the extracting, which is throwing the error.

Thanks.

~ Shefali

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2012 12:01 AM   in reply to Maria_101a

Hi Maria,

Could you please expand the "Adobe Premiere Elements 11" selection to check what update the available there. It should be an ACR patch, which you'd be able to find on the updates link

Let me know if you encounter any issues around it.

~ Shefali

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2012 11:38 PM   in reply to Maria_101a

Hey Maria,

I think  finally have a solution to your problem without a peek into your system

It took me a little while to confirm if the following links to the updates could be shared:

win: http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/PhotoshopCameraRaw7-7.0 /7.2.82/Setup.zip

mac: http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/PhotoshopCameraRaw7-7.0 /7.2.82/Setup.dmg

Please download & install updates from one of the links above. I hope this resolves your update problem.

Please refer to the below mentioned link for more details around the links:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4751351

Thanks.

~ Shefali

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2012 2:58 AM   in reply to Maria_101a

Hey Maria,

I tried installing the update after manually downloading from the link I shared and it gave me the same error.

Here's good part: After carefully analysing, I found that the actual link should be the following one:

http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/PhotoshopCameraRawForEl ements11-7.1/7.2.82/Setup.zip

I've tested it at my end and it works fine for me. I just hope there would be no more hitches in your update

thanks.

~ Shefali

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2013 10:52 PM   in reply to Maria_101a

Hey,

Just thought I'd let u know I had the same problem and just solved it by downloading this adobe manager update:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 7:44 AM   in reply to ShefaliG

ShefaliG,

Thank you for testing this, and for posting the good link. I am sure that will help others, and it gives the "regulars" something to provide to others, should they have the same issues.

Appreciated,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 3:30 PM   in reply to Jaiebs89

Thanks for this link. You should state that this is for PC only.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 8:43 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Thanks Bill, that's very encouraging

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 8:46 PM   in reply to Herbert108

Yes Hervert, this is win only.

thanks.

|