Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Blu-Ray Error: "file already exists", Code: "6", Note"video buffer undeflows.  Total bitrate is too

Oct 2, 2012 6:57 PM

Hi,

I have just installed CS6 upgrading from CS4.  I am doing a large project (2.5 hours of video) and have transcoded 6 sections successfully from Premier Pro using VBR-1 - the default.  I saw somewhere on one of the forums that this may be a problem, but I cannot work out how to change to VBR-2 as it suggested or CBR for that matter.  I have added a second sound trak and to enure this was not the problem I deleted it again.

I have tried several different options in Encore, and by increasing the max bit rate it seems to get further along, but I get the identical error.  Currently, without the second sound trach and with a max bit rate of 40 it writes 4.1gb of the 31.0 gb file (it's a double layer blu-ray).

Any ideas?

Piccadillypunter

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 2, 2012 7:05 PM   in reply to piccadillypunter

The wording of your error appears incomplete. What is the specific error  you are getting?

This error is usually that the bitrate is too high. Why are you increasing it?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2012 7:58 PM   in reply to piccadillypunter

VBR 1 pass and VBR 2 pass have the same range of avg/max rates. Some  users with similar errors have fixed/workaround the issue by dropping the video datarate. Note that the error is "total bitrate." For example, the max rate is 40, putting the video only rate at 40 leaves no room for any audio.

But such errors can be complicated.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2012 8:10 PM   in reply to piccadillypunter

I do not do BluRay... but, as a test, and based on known dual layer DVD problems (at least with CS5) right click the Encore icon and select "Run as Administrator" from the pop up options

Note that this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2012 9:17 PM   in reply to piccadillypunter

In the transcoding/export settings, whether from Premiere, ame, or Encore, pick your preset, then look at the video tab at the bottom, and you should be able to change the encode settings.

If you don't see this, please describe more specifically how you are selecting the settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2012 10:08 PM   in reply to piccadillypunter

There are updates available for both PPro and Encore that fixes some of these issues related to transcoding in PPro. You can apply those updates and try that out.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 9:22 PM   in reply to piccadillypunter

The bit rate jump that causes this error might be in very small fraction of the video. Actually this depends on the content of the video. Any time frame (it might be a fraction of second) that can not be encoded within specified Bit rate values will be encoded with higher bit rate. This higher bit rate might jump out of Blu-ray spec and hence the error. And the overall bit rate remains within specified bit rate bounds but that particular fraction is out of bounds. This is not Encore problem. Encore is reacting to what is being provided to it.

You may try further decreasing the bit rate or just the automatic encode settings in PPro.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 10:10 PM   in reply to piccadillypunter

The DVD bit rate setting is too low and there is a lot of compression and data loss going there. So there should not be any problem as far as bit rate is concerned.

The Bit rate in Encore is used in Automatic presets. When you bring in an asset in Encore which needs transcoding, then this bit rate setting will decide the transcode.

And also slideshow and motion menus use this bit rate for transcoding.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 10:26 PM   in reply to piccadillypunter

Hi I think I have the same problem you had and it has been 2 weeks of doing this from scratch each time.

Blu-ray Error: ”file already exists”, Code: ”6”, Note: ” Video buffer underflows”, Total bitrate is too high near time =

This is the message I get. My question is...What you did was to export your audio and video from adobe pro in h264bluray using CBR at 25 to make it work? or what extensions should I use to make it work. Right now I ´ve chosen M4v and wav for audio  but honestly I did not see the bitrate I used. Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2013 9:51 PM   in reply to piccadillypunter

BINGO!! thanks a lot piccadillypunter. I used H264 bluray ac3 for audio and CBR at 25. One more thing I did though was to run every program in Adobe as administrator and disabled UAC. It ran smoothly and finished without any errors. I haven´t seen the result yet since I will burn the image ASAP. But it does feel great to see this finished without any window emerging. Thanks a lot for your support.

It did help!!

Does Imgburn burn bluray iso image too?

Great night!!

Thnx

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers