Skip navigation
This discussion is archived
Currently Being Moderated

Where is the Camera Raw 7.2 download?

Oct 3, 2012 5:57 AM

Tags: #missing #update #camera_raw_7.2

Adobe's web page "New Downloads" refers to a new download by "Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter"—but when downloading the self-extracting archive then it will contain DNG Converter 7.2 only (plus a bazillion of camera and lens profiles) but no Camera Raw 7.2. What gives?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 3, 2012 7:07 AM   in reply to 01af

For the ACR plugin download, it’s available via CS6 or Elements 11. Launch one of the Adobe product, and go to “help-update” to get ACR 7.2 update. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to 01af

Could you please explain a bit more re: “Using the Adobe products' update feature is not an option here?”

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 7:33 AM   in reply to 01af

Thank you for your quick response!

“Updating is done manually, via a machine that has Internet connection but no Adobe products installed”

You can’t use the adobe.com patcher installer, which was what we have been posting on adobe.com for the past few years either, on the machine you have no Adobe products installed.

On the machine you have CS6/E11 and however you updated to ACR 7.1, use Adobe Updater method to update to ACR7.2, you can get 7.2 from the plugin location and move it to the other machine.

Feel free to shoot me an email at mqi@adobe.com<mailto:mqi@adobe.com>

Thanks,

Michelle

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 7:42 AM   in reply to Michelle Qi

Moving the plug-in from one machine to the other will not update the camera and lens profiles, which would be important for new camera support.

Is it now Adobe’s policy to not supply a manually-installable update for Camera Raw except via personal e-mails to Adobe personnel?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Oct 3, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to 01af

01af wrote:

This sentence doesn't make any sense, grammatically and logically. So once again: Where can I download the manual update file for Camera Raw 7.2, please?

It makes sense to people who understand computers and files.  Here it is stated another way:

The Camera Raw plug-in is embodied in one or two files only (depending on whether you have a Mac or a Windows x64 system).

On a Mac it's Camera Raw.plugin.  On a PC the plug-in is named Camera Raw.8bi.  The file(s) are several tens of megabytes in size.

In either case, if you copy those file(s) from the place(s) they are installed after a successful update to the place(s) they should be installed on your non-internet connected machines, you will have successfully applied the update manually.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 9:12 AM   in reply to 01af

Looks like Adobe wants you to plug one of your PCs into the router to do the update; then locate and copy the two Camera Raw.8bi files (32-bit and 64-bit) to a memory stick, then locate and copy them to each of your other workstations. You might have to write a batch file to make this easier in future. That's progress!

Oh well, at least it will probably do less damage than the built-in updater

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 9:34 AM   in reply to 01af

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 10:02 AM   in reply to 01af

01af wrote:

Thank you very much, deejjjaaaa! This is exactly what I was looking for. My problem is solved now.

Until the next time.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 10:30 AM   in reply to Yammer

> Until the next time.

I'd assume next time somebody will inspect the network traffic again to find out the URL of the installer... 

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 1:35 PM   in reply to deejjjaaaa

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 2:20 PM   in reply to Michelle Qi

Michelle,

Whenever I go to Help > Update, I get the following error message:  "The update server is not responding.  The server might be offline temporarily, or the Internet or firewall settings may be incorrect."  Thus the Adobe Application Manager is unable to update CS6 or ACR.  I don't have any firewall problems with any other software, so what would you suggest?

Thanks,

David

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 2:23 PM   in reply to davidl11

May be you could try this solution? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tRewtGT83M

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 2:26 PM   in reply to davidl11

simply:

1. Open Network and Sharing Center
    2. Click  Change adapter settings
    3. Right-click  the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport  Adapter, and click Disable.
    4. Open  Adobe Reader and Help > Check for Updates

I'm a Mac but I have found this solution and hope it can help! Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 2:46 PM   in reply to avrbox

avrbox,

Thanks.  Your instructions worked like a charm, and Adobe Application Manager is 'happily' updating my Adobe software.

Best,

David

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 5:32 PM   in reply to 01af

Camera Profiles are, yes, but are Lens Profiles?  Does creating a Linear DNG actually apply vignetting and geometry corrections from a lens-profile?  I don’t use the DNGC in enough circumstances to know.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 11:02 PM   in reply to davidl11

You're welcome David!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 5:52 AM   in reply to deejjjaaaa

deejjjaaaa, thank you! it helped

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 5:59 AM   in reply to Nick Sun

I find a download for "Adobe DNG Converter 7.2", but no Camera RAW 7.2 download.  I never use the DNG converter, so don't download that.  Does this download contain Camera RAW 7.2?

What's the problem Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 6:02 AM   in reply to b2martin_a

b2martin_a, here is a direct link for Mac for ACR 7.2.0.46 is http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/PhotoshopCameraRaw7-7.0 /7.2.82/Setup.dmg

It contains Camera RAW 7.2 so you can easily download and install it if you're Mac!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 6:03 AM   in reply to b2martin_a

b2martin_a wrote:

Does this download contain Camera RAW 7.2?

No, despite what it says:

File Information

ProductAdobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 10:13 AM   in reply to Michelle Qi

I tried to update CS6 through the update button but it says my files are up to date.  I have a Nikon D600 and I still can't read the raw files.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to fheimann

Dear fheimann, you can use both mac and windows link above this post to download working update files without waiting it through Update manager.

Just to make you know there are a lot of people having the same problems.

So don't wait anything and just download these update files depending on system you use!

Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2012 5:38 AM   in reply to avrbox

what is  the reason for adobe annoying it´s customers and NOT puting this update on the camera raw update page?

they have done it in the past.. so what the hell is going on?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 9:08 AM   in reply to fheimann

Same problem here.

I ran Update from within Photohop CS6, and it downloaded and installed 4 updates.

I couldn't open D600 NEFs - checked the Camera Raw plug-in and it still said 7.1.

I ran the Update again and it said "Your applications are all up to date".

Finally resigned to downloading ACR 7.2 via the link on this thread, and updated manually.

Plug-in now showed as 7.2.0.46, and I can now open D600 nefs in ACR.

So, does this mean the updater is whacked and I won't get future updates, or is this something on Adobe's end?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Oct 12, 2012 9:44 AM   in reply to Qbarrie

For what it's worth, I got the Camera Raw 7.2 update without problem on my PC through the Help - Updates... facility.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 9:56 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Just tried it on my XP partition and it worked okay - downloaded and installed 4 updates including 7.2.

I don't get why it downloaded and installed the updates on my W7 partition, but it didn't do 7.2.

(It's checked on the list in the AAM preferences)

The only thing I can think of is that I recently trialed Lightroom 4.1 on my W7 partition, and maybe it didn't uninstall clean or something....

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points