Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Audio disappears in Premiere Pro after export from Prelude

Oct 4, 2012 5:44 AM

From Prelude I have been sending my first two rough cuts to Premiere Pro. Nothing wrong with this, works perfect!

But when I close Premiere Pro and re-open the project all my audio is gone. The waveform in the clip is gone and is coloured dark red. After searching for a while I was able to get the audio back with right clicking on each clip separately, and then use REPLACE WITH CLIP/FROM BIN when the Media Browser was selected. When the Project Panel is open I can’t do this. It also isn’t possible to select all the clips in the Timeline and do the previous command. It happened with both an AVCHD- and XDCAM HD rough cut. The structure of the AVCHD- and XDCAM HD-files is intact and just the same as on the cards and Professional Disc.

Any thoughts about what I’m doing wrong? Is this a Prelude or Premiere Pro Issue?

Thank you very much in advanced,

Ivan

screen_shot_premiere_pro_no_audio.gif

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 4, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to ISDV

How are you sending from Prelude to PP?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to ISDV

I'm seeing the same thing here.  There seems to be a bug when you Copy/Paste clips from one PP project into another which also gives the red audio.  The work around is to Import the PP sequence from one project to another, rather than Copy/Paste.  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear you can do the same from a Prelude project.

You should file a big report.  Beyond that I can only think to stop using Prelude until that gets fixed.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 10:26 PM   in reply to ISDV

The same stinking thing here!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 6:11 PM   in reply to ISDV

Is there a solution to this problem? I get the same thing.

Viv

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 10:11 PM   in reply to ISDV

I post this answer in another topic, but I think it can work here too: "select all the offline-audio-clips in the timeline (in premiere), button right/audio channels.../ and re-configure the source channel "none/none" to "left/right". It´s fast and works easy with stereo files...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 5:09 PM   in reply to tatoz

Thank you tatoz,

tatoz wrote:

I post this answer in another topic, but I think it can work here too: "select all the offline-audio-clips in the timeline (in premiere), button right/audio channels.../ and re-configure the source channel "none/none" to "left/right". It´s fast and works easy with stereo files...

I am having the same problem with .MOV files.  I did what you suggested and it worked for me.

The audio channels showed the waves, like they should.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2013 4:10 PM   in reply to tatoz

Thank you, tatoz, so very much for sharing this solution. I just "lost" all of my audio files after copying them from one Premiere project to another and would have never come up with this. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom. You just saved my day!! ~Dagi

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2013 6:09 PM   in reply to DagiC

And thank you for doing a forum search before posting a new thread on an old topic.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points