• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 11 update 11.0.1 is there now

Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Framemaker update 11.0.1 that fixes the "Print book" crash issue in Unstructured Framemaker mode is now working .

Harpreet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message from Kapil Verma, FrameMaker' Sr. Product Manager:

I am happy to announce that we released an update yesterday to fix the “Print to .PS” issue that some of our users were facing with FrameMaker 11. Your system should notify you automatically about the availability of this update. Alternatively, you can download and install the update from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5506

Hopefully, it helps.

Thanks,

Kapil Verma

Sr. Product Manager - FrameMaker | FrameMaker Publishing Server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find the bug lists for this patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try and share it soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if you have the bug list yet?  We are experiencing a bug in Frame 11.01 (it was in Frame 10 as well but was not an issue in Frame 8) where if you have two book files open (which we do often) and select the character catalog for an active document, it jumps to a document in the other open book file.

Seems to be a catalog refresh issue. Can someone please look at this and advise if a bug has been created and is in the to be fixed very very soon list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ... if you have two book files ...

I have seen similar behavior in FM7.1 (Solaris). The Paragraph Catalog for the current file may actually be for another file. This is rare enough that I can't further characterize it. Typically I treat such events as "save and run away", because a crash is often imminent (same with dialog boxes openng full screen, which is more frequent, but still rare, compared to approximately daily Error 7103 crashes related to anchored frames).

So a similar problem with the Character Catalogs may be a long-standing bug (but would still need to be fixed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can reproduce this consistently, I'd be submitting it as a bug with sample files to back up your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - we can reproduce this catalog refresh issue in both Frame 10 and Frame 11 and Frame 11.0.1.

We have even seen this in non-book file documents. Having just two files open, with one of the documents active, selecting the character catalog bounces the display back to the other non-active document.

Just imagine how frustrating this could be if you have more than one book file open with 30 chapters in each. Ugh!

I guess I will need to search Adobe's website for how to post a bug.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok  - bug reported. Fingers crossed this one gets worked out. One of my writers may lose her mind or go back to Frame 8 if it isn't dealt with or handled properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines