Skip navigation
yesmatey155
Currently Being Moderated

host unable to load application configuration error

Oct 4, 2012 6:33 PM

Tags: #application #configuration #to #unable #load #error" #"host

This morning I ignored the new Flash update as I was working but ever since the ignore, the program I use for work which is Flash based isn’t working.  I tried to install the latest version of the Flash player by visiting this page http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect 

In Chrome browser I see this message on the adobe page If you are using the Google Chrome browser, Adobe® Flash® Player is built-in but has been disabled. To enable Flash Player, follow the steps in this TechNote

I checked in my plug ins section and it shows Adobe Flash player version 11.3.31.331 as being enabled so I don’t understand why I’m seeing the above message. I tried manually downloaded the update file install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe but received the host unable to load application configuration error. I thought this maybe due to my being on a Win 7 64 bit and Adobe was giving me the 32 bit file? I even found the 64 bit installer fle as someone suggested on another post but had the same result “host unable to load application configuration error”

I tried updated Flash in Firefox and that didn’t work

I tried reinstalling Chrome..no luck.

I also tried syncing my clock as suggested on another post...that didn’t help.

I visited http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-pr oblems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_header and didn’t see any solutions there.

Is this a computer hardware issue? I'm at witts end as I need the latest Flash Player installed for work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points