Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bad experiences with Adobe Support?

Oct 6, 2012 7:47 AM

Tags: #with #adobe #locked #bad #support #thread #disaster #experiences #outsource

Ref: Insane day with Adobe India support becomes disaster (censored and locked)

The thread was closed and the response that was deleted from the thread merely included a sentence about who I might vote for (which was not correct). This was pure indefensible censorship.  That is not "racial" and my thread should not be closed for ONE response.

The issue was not actually resolved, not even close. I just requested an original install DVD beause the severe problems only came after the "updates" and told them I would never let them back into my computer again.

100% of the problems I have brought to Adobe Support for CS6 were NOT resolved by Adobe (outsourced) Support. One was solved through the forum after a month of unsuccessful attempts by Adobe Support and the other remains worse than where it started.

To the (deleted) response "Why would you think that they are incompetent? " the answer is that it was demostrated. Twice. There are error message files generated for every error in Adobe and neither of the two who attempted to work on my issue ever glanced at the error messages EVEN AFTER I POINTED THEM OUT! The error messages most often identify the reason for the error. They simply guessed at things and made it worse. That is not my definition of "competence".

Time and time again I have asked questions in Chat only to receive a (canned) response that clearly indicated the person on the other end had no idea what I said. It's like they were not paying attention.

-- AT&T learned a hard lesson after gaining the reputation for the worst customer service and moved their support back to the US and their reputation is improving.

-- Rackspace hosting support for the US is in Texas and will stay there.

-- Carbonite moved their support back from India to hire 200 techs in Maine and not only did their customer relations improve but their costs were LOWER because of lower turnover and shorter solution times.

Adobe needs to learn that lesson. In India an employee will switch jobs for 5 cents a day. That's on the record. Look it up. Employee turnover costs more and lowers performance quality.

It's not really cheaper when it doesn't work as many responses in the original thread clearly indicated. The many fruitless hours spent on my most recent problems are a clear example.

I'm interested to know (and Adobe NEEDS to know) what others have experienced.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2012 4:54 PM   in reply to timtro

I think all companies should use citizen labor for any country they have customer support in.

Germans living in Germany and speaking German as their primary language for German support calls.  Spaniards living in Spain and speaking Spanish as their primary language for Spanish customers.  And Americans living in the US who speak English as their primary language for US customers.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2012 5:54 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I would agree. But we know why corporations do this... saving $$$$. But enough bad expereinces will lose them business in the long run and generate bad will and mistrust. Not what youd think a company who boasts "We listen" would want to happen.

The "Americans" at HP support seem to know their stuff and are good commuicators.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points