Skip navigation
Siomai29
Currently Being Moderated

How to speed-up the Ram Preview/Rendering using Adobe After Effects Cs 5.5?

Oct 8, 2012 2:45 AM

Hi guys,

As the the title says, how can I increase the speed or make the ram preview render a lot faster or make the speed to the fullest?

I've done my researched already but I'm not sure if I did the right thing.

I will list down the things that I've done so far trying to make it faster.

1. Using the SECRET option (Pressing SHIFT) from the Preferences and ticked those two boxes - Disable layer Cache and Ignore sequence rendering errors.

2. Settings for the Memory and Multiprocessing. (Im not sure about this part, I mean I dont know if I did the right thing)

3. No other application's running

My Machine's specs are.

I'm using MSI GT70

-i7 CPU @ 2.30ghz 

-16gb of RAM

-Nvidia GT675m

-64bit

I'd really appreaciated any help and a best settings for Mutltiprocessing.

Many thanks,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 8, 2012 7:35 AM   in reply to Siomai29

Most of the time I have MP turned off. Most of the plug-ins that I use are not MP aware and I seldom use AE's render Cue for rendering for delivery. I use AME and keep working on projects while I'm rendering.

Basic rules, at least 2GB per processor, at least 1 processor for other apps, Make sure the CPU's actually used matches the CPU's assigned, then test with your most common project. If you are doing something tha bogs down the system just turn it off.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 8, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to Siomai29

Same answer as always: There's no magic "one fits all". Depends too much on teh project and different projects wil lrequire different settings. I recommend you search this forum, we've been over this a million times and there's plenty of info to find.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points