Skip navigation
Mark Knol
Currently Being Moderated

Font duplicates on movieclip duplication

Oct 11, 2012 3:36 AM

Tags: #fonts #runtime_shared_asset #duplication #bug_report #text_fields #flash_cs6

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to send a bugreport. I have installed Flash CS6 12.0.2.529, but this also happend with my previous CS6. I took some time to find out when it is exactly happening.

Situation:

I am working in a shared_assets fla file. Here I collect all symbols, assets and fonts that should be exported for runtime sharing. In that file I have a symbol (MovieClip) with some textfields in it. The textfields uses multiple fonts that are marked as 'export for runtime sharing'. In the textfield I use the right fontname (with the asterix). A normal situation I guess.

Problem:

I want the movieclip to be duplicated. When I duplicate it, the font gets duplicated too. It's named 'HelveticaNeue copy' and is marked as imported for runtime sharing. A side-problem of this is when I just remove the duplicated font, the textfield points to a non-existing font (so when i reopen the file i need to select a font-mapping).

Workaround:

When all textfields are in separate movieclips, the problem does not occur, however its more work in code to reach the textfields.

Hope this can be solved quickly.

EDIT: I just noticed I should report a bug over here, so thats what i did.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points