Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can't import video into Adobe Premiere Organizer Slideshow

Oct 12, 2012 4:32 PM

I got the Dell Inspiron Laptop mostly because it came with free adobe premiere and photoshop elements 9. I'm trying to make a slideshow with photos and videos and can't import videos. I'm receiving the following error message:

Some of the selected file formats required component activation. Import these files into Premiere Elements to activate required components.

How do I do this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to toddclay

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

Have you registered your program with Adobe and have you ensured you have an internet connection when you've loading the file? (The program automatically downloads and activates components as needed.)

EDIT:

I just reread your post and realized that you're trying to add video to your Organizer's slideshow. Unfortunately, that won't go. The slideshow creator in the Organizer is for still photos only.

However, Premiere Elements has four different ways of creating slideshows -- and three of them do allow video.

The best solution is to output your slideshow to Premiere Elements and, once the file appears on the Premiere Elements timeline, right-click on it and select Break Apart Slideshow. You can then add video to it and do whatever other customizing you'd like.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 17, 2012 7:56 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

SG

Just passing by and saw this thread. Would you clarify what you mean by "Unfortunately, that won't go.  The slideshow creator in the Organizer is for still photos only."

The Photoshop Elements 9 Slideshow Editor does accept videos (most) along with photos. But, although you can place video (most) in the Photoshop Elements 9 Slideshow Editor, you cannot edit the video there. I could define "most" better if I knew the properties of the source media involved.

And, from the description that the user just gave that has all the ring of photos grossly oversized for the project as one possible explanation for the not normal behavior. Were pixel dimensions, numbers of photos, video properties, and  Premiere Elements project presets discussed yet?

I think what was originally asked goes to the thought that there have been reports that videos that do not import well if at all on the Photoshop Elements Elements Organizer side of things often get into the Elements Organizer on the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 side of things by first importing the video into the Premiere Elements project which automatically puts it into the Elements Organizer (the shared asset of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements in this case).

I am assuming that the latest versions of QuickTime, Windows Media Player are installed on the computer involved and the video codecs looked at with a program such a gspot?

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points