Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Basic printing tasks

Oct 12, 2012 6:02 PM

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 12, 2012 6:02 PM   in reply to Community Help

This page indicates features that I do not see when printing to a duplex printer (Lexmark Pro205). In other words, I am unable to pint 2 sided copies from Acrobat X  Pro. There is no Duples Mode as a choice. Please advise.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 12:02 PM   in reply to LuJer4Health

Have a PDF open in Acrobat.

Go to:

File > Properties (Cmd D)

In the Document Properties dialog box click on the "Advanced" tab.

In the "Print Dialog Presets" section chose "Duplex Mode:".

It gives the choice of:     Simplex (one-sided printing)

Duplex Flip Long Edge

or Duplex Flip Short Edge

Click "OK"

You can then print the document on both sides of the paper with your duplex printer.

This setting is saved for that document only. Simplex printing is the default.

For other PDFs to be printed 2-sided, the Properties must be set for each one and the document saved with those settings.

This worked for my HP LaserJet Pro 1606dn and should work for other duplex printers.

Acrobat's  File > Print dialog box doesn't have a duplex setting in it so you have to go through the Properties setting as outlined above.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to Bonnie6245

Yes it one of the all time dumbest ideas Adobe has ever designed. all other Mac applications do not mess with the Printing Systems period. The leave the print up to the Prin Driver and the Printer.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 1:16 PM   in reply to Bonnie6245

Hi,

I have a correction to my earlier post.

The Acrobat "Print" dialog box DOES have a link to the printer; see the "Printer" box on the bottom left. It takes you to the Print Setup dialog box where you can choose "Two-Sided" copies and in the Layout section choose Long-Edge or Short-Edge binding, and other options.

I installed Mountain Lion after I had figured out the "Properties" method so I don't know if the method in my correction was available or not before.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2013 8:11 PM   in reply to Bonnie6245

What set up in Page setup or Print menu is overriden by the feature you described previously you can set duplexing till cows come home and if you don't go to properies set for duplex you are wasting your time.

Again as I say it’s one of the dumbest ideas Adobe has come up with. Leave the print to the Printer and Print driver on computer. just pass the appropriate Print information to the Print sub system and leave your sticky fingers off of it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points