Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 11 won't open at all on my laptop?

Oct 14, 2012 9:39 AM

Tags: #help #open #won't #program #failure #premiere_elements_11

I downloaded the program from online and installed it after some figuring out. I had to re-download and re-install it after the program would not open when I would click on the desk top icon (and the option for elements in my Windows Start list). It still will not start no matter what I do. There's no virus, no message popping up to tell me what's wrong. Simply nothing happens. I need this program both for school and my job and would appreciate some input if anyone has any answers or has experienced the same thing. Thanks.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 14, 2012 10:06 AM   in reply to lfranco13

Well, what IS your laptop, and did you verify that it meets the requirements?

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html

These questions below may be for a different product... but the information you need to

supply is the same, for the products you use
    More information needed for someone to help... click these links and provide the

requested information
    -http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840
    -http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416679
    -http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419406

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2012 3:46 AM   in reply to lfranco13

Are you able to open the appplication from the installed folder directly? To check this, do a right click on the desktop icon and go to "Open File Location" and double click on the exe named "Adobe Premiere Elements 11.0.exe". If that still does not launch, try to launch the "Adobe Premiere Elements.exe" right next to it. The second one is the app. If you are able to launch this and work with it, you should be good to edit videos. This is the app. The other one is just a launch screen.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to VDOSurfer

I have exactly the same problem, I have allowed Adobe boffins remote access to my desktop and the problem still isn't fixed. My PC meets and exceeds the requirements. When I try to open from the .exe I get an error message of. "The applications failed to launch correctly (0xc000007b) Click OK to close application." The last Adobe boffin said that the error relates to my operating system and that I need an update?!? I am fully updated so I give up. I wouldn't mind but I am genuinely interested in buying the package and need to produce a short film for a best mans speech next week! I'll have to cope with Movie maker

(Windows 7, 64 bit machine)

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2012 11:09 AM   in reply to Large_Donkey

Neeed  more information like computer specification and any error message during the installation of product for lfranco13 issue

&

for 0xc000007b errror check computer hard drive

1. Open computer
    2. Right-click the hard disk , and then click Properties
    3. Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check now. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select automatically fix file system errors. Otherwise, the disk check will report problems but not fix them.

For best results, don't use your computer for any other tasks while it is checking for errors.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2012 2:37 PM   in reply to Abhishek Kapoor

Thanks for your reply, I have followed your instructions but the fault remains.Error msg.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2012 9:42 AM   in reply to Large_Donkey

The mention of an error at a memory address could indicate that some other program is not behaving well with the OS. It could be that it is not accurately reporting the memory addresses used, or is reporting that it is releasing memory addresses, when it is not doing so. This can be a program, or process, that launches at bootup.

If you launch MSCONFIG from Start>Run, and look in the Startup, and Services, you should see everything, that launches at startup. I like to keep my computer very "clean," and will frequently turn OFF anything, that is not necessary (many such programs and processes will be placed in Startup, or Services, without the user ever knowing that they have been added). This article goes into more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3002015#3002015

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 12:51 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

The same thing has happened to me. I have a brand new CPU which I had made specifically for video editing. I am not running any other programs and I recieve the same error message. My computer technition says it is a problem with the software and I would tend to agree. I would love a solution to this as I enjoy using Premiere and I actually bought the software as opposed to download a trial version first as this has never happened in the past.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 1:16 PM   in reply to darinoptom

Can you give us the full specs. of your computer? Also, please let us know about your video card, and the installed video driver.

As per above, what programs, and processes do you have loading at startup?

When PrE fails to launch, what error, or warning messages do you have in Event Viewer? Do any of those have links? If they do, when you follow those links, what sort of info do you get?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 2:10 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Thank you for your quick reply

I have purchased a disc and installed from there (Student/teacher edition). When this didn't work after multiple re installs I downloaded from adobe web site and installed.

I installed the latest version of quicktime from the net.

I don't have an anti virus program (yet)

CPU specs

Intel i7 3.4 Ghz, LGA 1155, 8MB CACHE, Quad core CPU, 1.35GHz GPU

ASUS MB P8Z77

Elixir 8GB DDR3 - 1333 S Desktop memory

Intel 240GB 330 Series solid state drive

HDD WD 3TB Sata

Leadtek Nvidia Quadro FX600 1GB graphics card

Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit

I get the exact same error as the one above if I run the exe file from it's location. If I double click the icon on the desktop nothing happens

I have shut off all non microsoft programs in msconfig. There were alot of microsoft programs there but I am not that computer savy to know which I can switch off.

ANy help would be appreciated

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 2:22 PM   in reply to darinoptom

What is the installed version and date of you nVidia Quadro?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 3:00 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I'm assuming you mean driver version

Driver date: 2/10/2012

Version 9.18.13.697

I tried running a driver update and it says this is the latest version.

I also tried taking the video card out of the computer and running the software on the motherboards generic video this resulted with the same error.

Thanks

Unfortunately I have to go to work so if I don't reply for a while that is why.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to darinoptom

Please check the version of

Microsoft visual c++ (2008 or 2010) installed on your computer

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 7:34 AM   in reply to darinoptom

For the nVidia Quadro 600 w/ Win8-64, this appears to be the newest one: http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-tesla-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-307 .45-whql-driver.html

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 12:38 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I install the new driver with the above link, no change

I check and have

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.61.61

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.61.61

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to darinoptom

Uninstall following :

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.61.61

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.61.61

then try launching elements again if you still get the same error message then uninstall both

Microsoft Visual c++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 & X86

Reinstall premiere elements and try to launch application again

After that you can reinstall both packages from microsoft.com

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=15336

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 3:53 PM   in reply to Abhishek Kapoor

Did both - still won't start

Any more suggestions woult be appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 4:32 PM   in reply to darinoptom

OK, it appears that we have ruled out both the video driver, and the C++ RunTime Library.

Here are a few other thoughts:

Update your audio driver, by going to the Creative, Realtek, or similar Web site.

Do you have any VST's, most often used in audio-editing programs? If so, see this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3077222#3077222

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 5:29 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I went to realtek and updated my driver. In device manager it did say that the driver was up to date but I updated the one from realtek and installed it anyway.

I have no idea how to look for VST's, However, Premiere was the very first program I installed and it never worked. I have not installed any audio editing programs so unless it is from the generic microsoft system which I suspect not or many others would have this problem.

If you let me know how to look for VST's I would be happy to check.

I read the other articles and unless I am missing something there was no instructions on how to look for them.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 6:57 PM   in reply to darinoptom

Do you have any audio-editing programs, say Garage Band, Acid, SonicForge, Audition or others? Those would be likely candidates for VST's. If you do not have any audio-editing programs, it is unlikely that you have any problematic VST's.

Just running down all the things, that I know can create an issue.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 6:58 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Now, various real-time, active-scanning anti-virus, anti-malware, and anti-anything, can cause problems loading. Do you have such?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 7:01 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 7:12 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 7:14 PM   in reply to darinoptom

If you are replying from your e-mail client, maybe access the Forums via a browser, as your posts are showing empty, with no text, and that can happen with some e-mail clients.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 7:56 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Sorry I was out and replying from my phone

I have no audio editing programs, or any anti virus type programs.

PE 11 was the very first program I installed and it didn't work then, so I suspect (although I really have no idea) it must be conflicting with something in the initial set up.

I turned off windows firewall and nothing changed.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 4:57 PM   in reply to darinoptom

To Abhishek

I have uploaded the required file and haven't heard anything back ???

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 6:19 AM   in reply to darinoptom

Please try following:

1. Remove Cyber link Power Director

2. Try installing application from a different Admin account on same computer.

3. If problem persist then try steps in following tech-note it is for Light room however for this issue trouble shooting steps are same:

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-unable-start-correctly-0xc00 007b.html

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 3:26 PM   in reply to Abhishek Kapoor

FIXED!!!!

Lets be clear from the start - I know very little about computers and all of the above is jibberish to me, but I have tried to follow it without success.

From what I have found, iLivid seems to be the source of the problem (pressuming you have iLivid installed) It has corrupted some .dll files?! (whatever that means)

Download 2 dll files from here...

http://www.ge.tt/#!/7mU2JJS/v/0

Unzip them and save them in the Premiere Elements folder

Job done. Works for me anyway.

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 7:22 PM   in reply to Large_Donkey

Just thought I would let you know that nothing has worked.

On a side note I bought the Student/ Teacher version and have sent off my details to get the serial number on Nov 8th and have not heard anything since. Not that the program works anyway......

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 3:17 AM   in reply to darinoptom

What Adobe is saying through that link is that it is not a problem with their product(s). But the fact remains that the error does manifest in scenarios that Adobe presents through its software. It is a Microsoft issue, and only an OS repair installation OR a complete reinstallation will fix it for sure. "Large_Donkey" shared a link with some files in it for download; that have worked for him. The files there are Microsoft Run time libraries, to confirm that this is indeed an MS issue.

So I suggest you download them and paste into C:\Windows\System32 folder see if they help you in any way. That is where I understand they are looked for (from what I have read) by other software as well. No harm trying...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to VDOSurfer

OMG it worked, Thank you Large_Donkey and VDO surfer. It is a miracle............. Now just need the serial number

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 4:49 PM   in reply to lfranco13

Many thanks to those who offered suggestions on this and other threads. I tried to install Premiere Elements 11 from the DVD purchased through Amazon and was receiving the same bloody 0xc000007b error. Tried the tips above as well as those on other threads and websites. Hitting the computer didn't work either. Here's what did work for me.

1. Downloaded and installed Steve P. Miller's free Dependency Walker program (google it) and opened the Adobe Premiere Elements 11.exe file in it. Dependency Walker showed a couple of dependency problems.
    2. Dependency Problem 1: IEShims.dll was missing. Found it in the Internet Explorer directory and copied it over to the Windows/System32 folder. Dependency error went away but 0xc000007b error still happened when I tried to open the program.
    3. Dependency Problem 2: DCIMAN32.dll was running in 32 bit mode and creating an error. Found another thread on the Adobe Forums that offered a suggestion.
    4. In Windows 7, clicked Start button, opened Accessories folder, right-clicked on Command Prompt, selected Run as Administrator.
    5. Typed 'sfc /scannow' in the command prompt.
    6. Received a message saying, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."
    7. Tried to open Premiere Elements 11 again and it worked!

Moral of the story: the 0xc000007b error is a generic one and you need something like Dependency Walker to figure out the specific issue that you are having.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2012 8:15 AM   in reply to primarykeytech

Have you tried Googling that error code?

Here's a solution.

http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120609012929AAe93pc

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 2:44 AM   in reply to Large_Donkey

I have had the very same frustrating problem and do have iLivid installed so want to try your cure!  I also find most of the above is beyond my skill level!  Your solution sounds fairly easy.  I have downloaded the file you suggest but don't know how to unzip it - I seem to be told I need to buy Winzip of Stuffit.  What did you do?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 5:44 AM   in reply to petebrayne

Try Winrar

For 32-bit Windows - http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar420.exe

For 64-bit Windows - http://www.rarlab.com/rar/winrar-x64-420.exe

It is free and extracts and compresses very well.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 6:06 AM   in reply to VDOSurfer

Thanks so much - it worked a treat!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 6:07 AM   in reply to Large_Donkey

Thank you soooooo much Large_Donkey - all working well!  All I have to do is master the software now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2013 6:14 AM   in reply to petebrayne

Glad you sorted it Pete, I really can't take credit for the solution though, I just happened to stumble across it and posted it up here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 6:14 AM   in reply to lfranco13

I have the same problem, the same error.  I have tried every step on this thread without any luck and I've also spent 4.5 hours with Adobe tech support, watching them while they took over my computer remotely and tried everything under the sun to fix this, then they gave up.  The program works fine on my Win7 64bit laptop, but not my desktop which is where I do all my video and photo editing. The last thing the Adobe tech guy said was that it was a Microsoft problem and that I need to reinstall Windows.   I have the original disk that came with my desktop, I'm just loathe to try that unless it's the absolute last resort.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 7:58 AM   in reply to AngelaH100

If the steps in this article: http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors.php?wiki=0xc000007b,

did not fix things, then it might come down to a wipe, and total insall of the OS.

I have not run across any different fixes or tips.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points