Jim Blevins
Currently Being Moderated

FTP upload file > continue editing bug?

Oct 15, 2012 1:34 PM

Tags: #dreamweaver #cs6 #dw

Working on a file in code view.

Hit cmd+s to save

Hit shift+cmd+u to upload changes

Once uploaded, code view of file is deselected. If I click once, the cursor shows up, but anything I type doesn't affect any change in the code. In order to continue editing the file, I have to click again on the code and then the cursor begins blinking and I can edit my code.  This also occurs if I select a portion of the code.  It will highlight, but I cannot edit it until it has been clicked on again.

This interrupts my workflow because I'm very used to clicking once to begin editing a file and at times I'll quickly notice a change, click once and begin trying to delete the code at the cursor, or some code I've selected. This brings up a prompt asking if I want to delete the selected file in the files window, or it will inform me that I cannot delete the root folder of my site.  This is disconcerting, even to someone like me who creates backups before they start making edits.

I also verified that this only occurs in code view, in design view,  I only have to click once to return to editing.

Specs -
macbook pro unibody
Intel dual core i5 2.53mhz
4 GB of ram
latest update of dreamweaver CS6 ( 12.1 build 5949 )
it's a creative cloud version if that makes any difference

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points