Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Camera Raw editing is not enabled.Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been lau

Oct 16, 2012 12:28 PM

Tags: #not #a #raw #camera #this #product #has #editing #to #enable #at #once #is #enabled #that #requires #been #least #qualifying #launched #feature.camera

Camera Raw editing is not enabled. Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature.This appears when the open in camera raw disc is clicked in bridge. any solutions??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 16, 2012 12:44 PM   in reply to BGTwertyuiop

Hi. This forum is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop.  I'm moving your question to the Bridge forum for specialized attention to your situation.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2012 6:38 PM   in reply to BGTwertyuiop

There are several long threads on this subject you can access if my comments do not help.

1.  Launch Bridge from all programs that contain Bridge, like Photoshop, InDesign, etc..

2.  Search for a trial you had in the past that is now exprired.  When found uninstall.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to BGTwertyuiop

You may still have a trial somewhere?

THe fact that it returned after reinstall is troubling.  You might have to uninstall, run the script cleaner, and reinstall.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 3:00 AM   in reply to BGTwertyuiop

Hello BGT

The message appears to arise from a bug in Bridge. My copy of Bridge CS6 returns the same message on selecting Open Camera Raw over an image file. However, double-clicking the same file opens the image in the Camera Raw window inside Photoshop CS6 without any hassle.

Hope this helps

Ead

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Mar 1, 2013 5:12 AM   in reply to Eadig

The message looks like a bug in Bridge.

Don't think it is a bug for Bridge (not many people have this fault) but more computer related due to old pref files or settings. Especially when using migrate, clone or carbon copy from old to new OS and/or  computers instead of reinstall from scratch with everything clean and fresh.

Uninstall and running clean scripts does help in most cases but not al files are removed by this. And sometimes the user account has been corrupted slightly and Bridge can be very critical (more then other applications) about this. If you are on a Mac an Archive and Install or recovery might also solve this. The fact the OP needs to keep licensing the software indicates system related or user account related problems also.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 5:30 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

If what you have laid out are the cause, it is a common false-positive type of bug in software testing. The message says the file must be opened in a qualifying product even though it has already been done so. I wager one way of diagnosing it is to run the same operation in a brand new user profile.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Mar 1, 2013 6:34 AM   in reply to BGTwertyuiop

I found a close error message in the KB, but I don't think it could work here, as Suite color management is only enabled for suites, and not for single products, like ACR is, but I will post it nonetheless in case it could foster an aha! moment for someone...

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-suite-color-management- enabled.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Mar 1, 2013 6:43 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

Here is an older discussion on the topic, with an engineer that asks for log files: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/890183

and a "workaround" that someone published online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzpGJRP-daA

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 7:36 AM   in reply to Eadig

Eadig wrote:

The message appears to arise from a bug in Bridge. My copy of Bridge CS6 returns the same message on selecting Open Camera Raw over an image file. However, double-clicking the same file opens the image in the Camera Raw window inside Photoshop CS6 without any hassle.

This works as you are now opening ACR from Photoshop, rather than from Bridge.  But it is the same Camera Raw you open.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2013 6:22 PM   in reply to BGTwertyuiop

Use OPEN WITH when you get the dreaded message, I use open with PHOTOSHOP.  Works like a charm.  Clicking the circle does not work.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points