• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About Captivate 6.0 trial version

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 6.0 software trial version, I can publish the course successfully, but can not see the course, the error message is 'unable to acquire LMS API .....' and XP.Win7 32.64 are the same, can you tell me how to do that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you have published as with 'Enable Reporting For LMS' then if you try the open the HTML file it would give you this prompt. If you upload it to your LMS and launch it there, it should work fine for you.

Captivate 6 has modified it packaging process for various LMS and hence, we do not suggest you to open the file this way from you computer.

More over if you deselect the option, "Enable Reproting for this Project" from Qui-- Quiz Preferences and Republish, it should work fine.

Please confirm if this is the case or you have a different workflow?

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deselect the option, "Enable Reproting for this Project" from Qui-- Quiz Preferences and Republish,  and the function of Scorm was disappeared, how can I use the function of Scorm ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select Enable Reporting and set the options for SCORM, you can use SCORM, but if you try to run the SCORM package outside an LMS you will see the error messages you complained about before.  SCORM is only going to work if your content is being delivered from an LMS.  If you're just testing your content on your desktop or local drive, you don't need SCORM turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "imsmanifest" is missing , I can not put the course on a platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you Enable Reporting and choose SCORM, or do you still have this disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Enable Reporting and choose SCORM, it can be used, but it will appear an error message that is "unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded. please contact technical. Press"OK" to view debug information to send to technical support .", when I choose cancel function, it will be right for run, but the error message make me scared, is it a normal prompt? May I ignore it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another problem, how to set up in other click on any node to read arbitrarily, when I enter the course .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re your other problem:  It is not at all clear what you are asking and it seems to have nothing to do with the original thread topic.  Please lot another thread and give more detail about what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is that when I have published a course successfully,  but I can not click on any chapters at random , how to set it ?  ^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer, when I want to publish a course, just do not choose to HTML5, then IE can play normally, haha, thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi thi0246,

Are you using IE8, To use HTML5 content you should be using one of the supported browsers IE9/Chrome 19(or more)

Thanks,

Sankaram.

Captivate Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  We're going round in circles here. 

It has already been explained to you earlier in this thread why this message appears and how to get rid of it. If you have set the project to Enable Reporting for SCORM, but you're not serving content from an LMS, you can expect to see this message and you should just ignore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources