Skip navigation
HanssonAS
Currently Being Moderated

After updating photoshop CS5 to 12.0.4 x32 (windows) I cannot open my documents/files or create new

Oct 18, 2012 2:42 AM

Tags: #error #update_photoshop

I had the problem before. Reinstalled Photoshop CS5 and updated again.

Clicking a file starts Photoshop but does not open the file.

If I click "new" to make a new file, nothing happens.

Help....!!!!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 18, 2012 9:44 AM   in reply to HanssonAS

Hi. This forum is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop.  I'm moving your question to the Photoshop General Discussion forum for specialized attention to your situation.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to HanssonAS

Try resetting preferences.  Start PS and immdeiately hold down ctrl shift alt keys.  If fast enough you will get a reset window.  A reinstall does not affect this file.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2012 10:56 AM   in reply to HanssonAS

Does nothing happen, or does a window open and not show the document contents (a sign of a buggy video card driver)?

Check the layers palette to see if something actually opened.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2013 3:11 PM   in reply to HanssonAS

@HanssonAS, did you ever figure out what this was? I'm experiencing the same.

I have a similar thread open, didn't see your thread until now (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1304686).

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2013 12:05 AM   in reply to maggedotno

@maggedotno, Nope. It is a mystery and seems that it is not a common problem as the feedback is not very significant.

If you get any solution, please post it. Would be highly appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2013 10:03 AM   in reply to MrH

@MrH ... Maybe, I saw quite a few cases on Google that does sounds like the same problem (see my forum post for a short summary).

Adobe does not support CS5 any longer, which sucks since it's only been 2 years since I bought it, so I'm guessing this problem will never be solved.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,043 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 29, 2013 3:49 AM   in reply to HanssonAS

Hansson, did you get a window asking you if you wanted to reset your preferences.

Maggedotno, is it the english version? Do you have third party plug-ins? Can you post the contents of help>system info?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2013 11:26 PM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

Hi PE

Yes, but nothing happened.

I was instructed to press some key during startup of Photoshop, and it should reset the program.

However, it did not work.

Br

Lars Hansson

Den 29/10/2013 kl. 11.49 skrev PECourtejoie <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Re: After updating photoshop CS5 to 12.0.4 x32 (windows) I cannot open my documents/files or create new

created by PECourtejoie in Photoshop General Discussion - View the full discussion

Hansson, did you get a window asking you if you wanted to reset your preferences.

Maggedotno, is it the english version? Do you have third party plug-ins? Can you post the contents of help>system info?

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5796463#5796463

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: After updating photoshop CS5 to 12.0.4 x32 (windows) I cannot open my documents/files or create new

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: After updating photoshop CS5 to 12.0.4 x32 (windows) I cannot open my documents/files or create new. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop General Discussion at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points