Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS6 - FTP changing my file permissions on upload???

Oct 22, 2012 9:25 AM

Tags: #dreamweaver #cs6_ftp_error

ORIGINAL POST: SEPT 19, 2012  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4784335#4784335

Upgraded to cs6. All programs work perfect for me exceopt Dreamweaver.

I have never expierenced this challenge however no matter what file(s) I upload dreamwever is chanign the file permissions.

For instance if I upload an image to the sever the image won't appear. I check permissions and they are set to 0.  Same with files.

I have to now go in to each item I upload and change permissions to 644 or 755 depending if its a file or directory.

This is a Dreamweaver exclusive problem as it does not happen when I use Filezilla and Im working on 6 different servers.

ONLY when I upload files with Dreamweaver CS6 do the file permissions change on upload. Cs5.5 no problem.

Any ideas?

Aloha!

STILL NOT WORKING UPDATE:

I was even on with India Adobe support doing a screen share and they watched in real time as I uploaded a file and Dreamweaver and it changed the permissions to 000. You can 'Get' a file with 775 permissions then 'Put' that same file and it will chanve to 000 permissions.

Support failed to address this problem after 30 days and never called back.

STILL NOT WORKING UPDATE: Changing ro SFTP seems to be a workaround.

See Full Discussion here as I posted in the wrong area. http://forums.adobe.com/message/4784335#4784335

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2013 11:53 PM   in reply to dreamteammedia

This issue is fixed in 12.0.3 update for perpetual users and 12.1 for subscription users.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to N D SRIVATSA

I'm using DW6 version 12.2, and this problem is still happening.

The permissions are defaulting to 0664, where I need them to be 0644.  Every time I create a new file, it defaults to 0664, and I'm unable (not permitted) to view that file online until I go in, using another FTP program, and change the permissions to 0644... or manually go in the slow-poke way using DW6 Remote View -> [file name] -> Set Permissions.

Too bad there's no way to configure this in the Preferences area of DW6.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points