Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Possible to sync multiple files and output the merged clips?

Oct 19, 2012 3:55 AM

I'm working on a documentary project and have hundreds of individual clips from multiple Canon C-300 cameras and a multi-track master audio recording from a SoundDevices 744.  Since this is a documentary the cameras aren't slating every take, instead they all have Lockit boxes generating timecode that is slaved to the master clock on the 744.

What I need to do it sync the pictures and the sound and output the sync'd files for screening and editorial.  ScratchLab is not sync'ing the material properly but bringing a clip into Premiere is locked up without a problem.

Is there a way to sync the audio/video and output individual sync'd files using the tools in the CS6 suite?  Please keep in mind that there are hundreds of individual clips so the process would have to be automated.

Cheers!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 19, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to Tayedrummer

No, there's no automated way to do this.  You'd have to sync each pair, then set up each resultant clip for export individually.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2012 5:13 PM   in reply to Tayedrummer

This is why I always prefer to have audio and video in the same file right off the camera.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2012 3:33 AM   in reply to Tayedrummer

Hi,

Give pural eyes a test, its now available from Red Giant.

I have just edited a multi cam project shot with canon 5d's and a seperate master audio, all synced up perfect and process was pretty good.

Regards

Baz

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 8:35 AM   in reply to Studio North Films

That is so incredible !!!!

I also have hundred of start/stop clips with TC and audio start/stop with TC too, and I don't find a way to place the clips on the timeline at the right place of the TC.... The clips are R3D and the sound comes from a 788T. Nothing special. I work a lot with Premiere and Red and I LOVE IT.

What ? I should record audio on the Red just to permit PluralEyes to do thesync from audio ??

Please Adobe team, tell me I am sleeping and when i wake up there will be a soluce !

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to olivier madar

PP can sync clips by timecode.  You don't 'need' Pluraleyes to sync.  That's more useful if you don't have timecode to sync from.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 11:46 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

May be I missed something.

So, I have 200 clips, from 9:00:00 to 18:00:00 on a timeline A and on the audio timeline, I have something like 10 audio file. All is perfectly sync together. How could I havethe video at the good place without doing it by hand ?

The "sync" function does only sync 2 files. What can I do with 200 files ?

Olivier

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 6:36 PM   in reply to olivier madar

A lot of work.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status