Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Linking Video By Searching for Length

Oct 19, 2012 10:27 AM

Tags: #find #video #premiere #windows #7 #length #re-link

I run Premiere Pro CS5, CS5.5 and just got CS6 as well on Windows 7.   I have a project we're re-cutting and the original editor changed all the file names on the disk, so that the XML I have imported references files that I have, but that are differently named.  I got to thinking that each of the original video clips has a more or less unique time length signature  (03:43:04:20 for example).   I figured out how to use Windows 7 search and ad a video length column to the results, but it doesn't show # of frames, which helps make the target file more or less unique in a typical project.    ,

Is there a Bridge solution for this or a third party program that re-links by play length?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 19, 2012 11:17 AM   in reply to foxetown

Just clarify

Are you able to edit ( are the files linked to the edit project despite being renamed)... or are you trying to get them to link.

Maybe of help to you somehow...When I edit I use files that are differently named from the files we use to CC/grade and conform (in another facility).  We use EDLS.

Always amazing to me...the conform process does not use the filename but looks for the timecodes.

Note: the TCs are identical across the clips.

Thought: do you have original timecodes on source clips ?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 19, 2012 1:05 PM   in reply to foxetown

Bring the clips in to a new project, sort by length, do a screen dump of the project window showing the new name and the length to reference as you go through your clips and match them that way.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points