Skip navigation
Xu jing
Currently Being Moderated

Default save as folder  in acrobat XI

Oct 21, 2012 4:35 AM

In acrobat X and before, when we complete editing a pdf file, and then use "save as" to save the work, the default folder is exactly the destination of the modified file, but in acrobat XI, it is not, so when we choose "Save as", sometimes it will be a boring work to select the original folder.

please consider this in further updates, or if there is something wrong with me, please tell me!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 22, 2012 8:42 PM   in reply to Xu jing

Pls let us know the following details:

1. Your OS

2. The browser being used to edit\save the PDFs (If applicable)

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2012 2:21 AM   in reply to Xu jing

Yes, It seems like a problem.
    By default it should prompt for the same location where the file is contained instead of some different location.

-Sajal

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2012 2:33 AM   in reply to Xu jing

I'm also encountering the same issue... Acrobat XI Pro on Windows 7 Home Premium. No browser used.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2012 5:08 PM   in reply to Xu jing

I am having the same problem and it is a major issue. When placing a signature, Acrobat xi uses the Save As...  dialog and the location shown in the dialog is not necessarily where the original file resides. The user has to try and find where the proper location of the file is to overwrite the original .pdf with the signed copy.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 6:31 AM   in reply to bill_c

Yes, huge annoyance.  Our file structure is very deep, and finding the specific file again once it is signed is a major pain.  I do not see any variables in the preferences to allow this change.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to JamesDowning

Ditto here.  I operate a paperless accounting office and use Fujitsu Scan Snap with preset profiles that allow me to scan client documents and save to a specified folder location.  The Save As function now defaults to the folder last used.  This creates a major time problem for me right at the time I am beginning my busy tax season.

Please get this fixed ASAP.  It is a severe problem/bug for anyone upgrading to Acrobat XI

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 3:54 PM   in reply to S@j@l

Is there a registry fix for this or should we wait for a maintenance release?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2013 3:10 PM   in reply to Xu jing

It appears this very annoying problem has been resolved in 11.0.1, now if I can only get my keyboard shortcut to the Set Page Box (Crop) dialog back...

Thanks Adobe!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 12:55 PM   in reply to Xu jing

I have a related question, as I am considering upgrading to Acrobat 11 from 10:

In the "Save As" dialog box, is there a Windows search box built in, like many programs have? So, that, after you scan something, and select Save As, the dialog box has a a search box (usually at the top right) where you can type in the first few letters of the folder you want to file the newly scanned document in. The folders matching that search will then pop up as choices, and you can quickly select the correct folder to save in. Without that, for newly scanned docs (I use Fujitsu Scan Snap), I have to drill down into a lot of nested folders, which takes a lot of time. That's why I keep hoping Acrobat will get the search box in the Save As dialog, and then I'll upgrade. Can anyone tell me if it's in 11 (i.e., XI)?

Thanks,

Jim

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points