• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4.2 update does not install MacPro 10.7.5running LR 4.1

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 4.2 update downloads and dialog .pkg opens.  Click and Install Icon briefly appears in Dock and dissappears.  No "continue" dialog opens.  Adobe tech took over desktop X2 without sucess.  Apple says cannot help.  Tried uninstalling LR 4.1, Tried in Safe Mode, many work arounds did not help.  MacBook with 10.8.2 installed update promply.  LR 4.1 runs just fine, but why can I not install the update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a case number which I can review from your previous interactions with our support team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case # 0183688847  Three chats, one lost but two took over my computer and could not fix.  Apple says it is Adobe problem, they had little to offer.  I like to keep updating LR but do not require this update to operate.  My MacPro is 2007 and cannot update OS to Mountain Lion.  My Macbook Pro (Mountain Lion) updated LR 4.2 just fine.  David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.pkg file and go to File>Get Info.  What does it have listed under Open With?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Installer.app (Default)

App Store

Other"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Installer app is the proper setting.  Have you tried opening any other pkg files to see if they are able to open successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes  recently installed Photomatix Merge to 32 bit with no trouble.  We uninstalled that during efforts to fix.  Now new problems appear.  Photoshop CS6 could not update ACR today leaving error message: U44m1p7.  At same time I find my Canon Raw files since Oct 2 have no EXIF data and Photoshop "cannot open, does not recognized file type" prior to that date files look and act normally in PS.  I cannot append metadata presets on files saved since that date.  I reset preferences to default with no effect.  I don't know if the LR 4.2 download did this or these faults in PS CS6 are preventing LR updates.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled LR 4.1.  Maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum:  These October Canon RAW files open in Aperture and DXO without problem and have EXIF data there.  Somehow Photoshop has become corrulted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before we jump to a different issue please try deleting your install files and try download a new copy of Photoshop Lightroom from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5487

It is difficult to say what caused your failure of the Camera RAW update.  You can review the install logs determine the cause of the failure by following the directions listed at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved all install downloads LR 4.2 found in "Downloads" file to Trash.  I downloaded new LR4.2 from site you provided.  Double click on download, icon appears on desktop (grey square with blue disc and letters LR.  Tag below icon "Lightroom 4.2 432.7 MB".  Double click icon and dialog opens with package.  Double click on package an same behavior "install" icon briefly appears in dock and disappears.  No further action occurs.  I repeated above with LR4.1 in Trash but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it would appear the download is not at fault but instead for some reason your Installer.app is not functioning properly.  You can try going to the Console app in your Application/Utilities folder.  This will allow you to access the logs from the time period of trying to invoke the installer.app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find understanding this beyond my knowledge.  Original effort was 10:05:00 but repeated at 10:43.

Activated .dng and click on .pkg 10:43AM

The first line on opening .dng reports "job appears to have crashed Bus error: 10"

Diagnostic Report/hasplmd_2012-10-28-100150_localhost.crash

From Kernal Log:

Oct 28 10:00:20 Mac-Pro-4 kernel[0]: CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=237[ksadmin] clearing CS_VALID

From System Report, top part only:

Process:         hasplmd [1038]

Path:            /usr/libexec/hasplmd

Identifier:      hasplmd

Version:         ??? (???)

Code Type:       X86 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [1]

Date/Time:       2012-10-28 10:43:04.455 -0700

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)

Report Version:  9

Crashed Thread:  0

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:

--> __PAGEZERO             0000000000000000-0000000000001000 [    4K] ---/--- SM=NUL  /usr/libexec/hasplmd

__TEXT                 0000000000001000-00000000001d2000 [ 1860K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /usr/libexec/hasplmd

Thread 0 Crashed:

0   ???                           0000000000 0 + 0

1   libsystem_kernel.dylib        0x00fa9ef3 mig_get_reply_port + 12

2   libsystem_kernel.dylib        0x00f9c06d mach_port_allocate + 90

3   ???                           0x0048f6ac 0 + 4781740

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):

eax: 0x00000000  ebx: 0x0048f63c  ecx: 0xbffffd9c  edx: 0x00fa9c0a

edi: 0x00000907  esi: 0x00fb31bc  ebp: 0xbffffd38  esp: 0xbffffd2c

ss: 0x0000001f  efl: 0x00010286  eip: 0x00000000   cs: 0x00000017

ds: 0x0000001f   es: 0x0000001f   fs: 0x00000000   gs: 0x00000037

cr2: 0x00000000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will we have replaced the install files.  You may want to consult with Apple to see if there is some what to repair the Installer.app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not clear.  I just updated ADC that came in to Software Update this morning.  I have asked Apple to help and they state that the install files are generated by Adobe update. 

I will take the computer to Apple Store Genius Bar and see if they can help.  David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

addendum, typo:  software update today was Adobe Camera Raw.  In this MacPro Desktop: Photoshop/Bridge/ACR is 7.0.0.308 after update.  MacBook Pro Mountain Lion: Photoshop/Bridge/ACR is 7.2.0.46.  Is this significant difference or does is imply that the MacPro Desktopis not updating even ACR.  I did not get evidence of failed installation when I downloaded and installed update in Desktop where I cannot update LR 4.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines