Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to embed index in Acrobat X portfolio

Oct 22, 2012 8:41 AM

I have a large number of documents combined into packages in Acrobat 8.1.  I embedded indices into each package and searching was very fast.  When we converted to Acrobat X, they became very sluggish and hard to search -- l ots of messages saying "Acrobat not responding" trying to load the packages and search.  I'm trying to get used to using Acrobat X portfolios, but I don't even see the Tools menu to create an embedded index after I create a portfolio.  How is this done now?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 1, 2012 12:41 PM   in reply to sterrytoon

With the Portfolio open, select View > Portfolio > Cover Sheet. Here you will see the Tools pane > Document Processing panel where you can select Manage Embedded Index.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 2, 2012 1:58 AM   in reply to sterrytoon

It's possible but only with a workaround - if you're looking at a Portfolio the "Advanced Search" feature isn't available on any of the toolbars, menus or keyboard shortcuts.

So, you need to  open Acrobat, then open the Advanced Search Window, then open your Portfolio. The window will remain open and will change to the rarely-seen version for Portfolios:

adv-search-pf.gif

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points