Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering swfs in Captivate 6

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Today a patch on Captivate 6 has been released, while most of the bugs were properly addressed, I, unfortunately still experienced "some" flickering issues.

I have upgraded a working Captivate 5.5 project  to 6 and published it using the default settings I have. I mentioned "some" for most of the swfs I have on my project seem to display well while others behave oddly, flickering is still very evident. But what confuses me is that all my slides contain common settings: On Enter = Continue, On Exit = No Action, whereas I have set all my swfs with the following settings: Display for = Rest of Slide and Synchronize with Project is checked.

I have tried all other settings and possible combinations for the slide to no avail, but I have observed that when I enable Transition for the slide, flickering won't be visible. However, this is not an option for our projects. We never really intend to give any effect on the slide.

I have read the patch update. I am unaware if this flickering imported swfs is a indeed bug but I have seen a almost the same issue that was addressed on this patch - swf file flickers in between slides for imported power point slides.

I am unsure if I might have just missed something else.

- Alvin

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alvin,

Can you explain little more about what your project contains(PPT import slides/FMRs/Slides created in Captivate)? Is it possible to share the project with us? You can upload the project to Acrobat.com and send me the link at sankaram at adobe dot com.

Thanks,

Sankaram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sankaram,

My project contains  swf files created from Flash and imported into Captivate. Audios were imported on the slide, there seems to be no problem with this. It doesn't contain any ppt slides nor FMR. Please note that this project executes beautifully when published from Captivate 5.5

- Alvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alvin, did you ever find a solution for this? I to am using the patch and have serious flickering in 5 out of the 6 projects I am working on right now.

Thanks,

Jenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenn,

Unfortunately flickering is still present on most of the projects I upgraded (from Cp 5.5 to 6). The patch, at least for me, seemed didn't work. That's why we stick to the 5.5 version. Until when? Not sure though.

Goodluck with you, and should you find any workaround for this I hope you'd share it here.

Thanks.

Alvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

I used the patch and I am still running into this flickering nightmare. I am not using powerpoint. I am using swf inserts into the timeline which continues though other slides. Every transition from one swf to another (or slide to slide), the course flickers. Anyone find a solution to this issue yet?

Running CP version 6.0.1.240

Thanks,

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if this has been fixed with Captivate 6. Though I have Captivate 6 on my computer, I mostly use Captivate 5.5 on my projects due to this error I encountered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources