Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird issue: application.onDisconnect delayed in Chrome

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an application in which we use application.onDisconnect when a user logs out.

In all browsers, we can see in the FMS admin console that the user has indeed been disconnected, except when the user uses Chrome.

It can take minutes before the application.onDisconnect is fired.

Known issue? Any work around?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please check the application log on the server. You must check the log entry time in the log. It may happen chrome is delaying the update of event on flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact when using Chrome, the event is always delayed, whereas firefox or IE will immediately fire the event when a user logs out.  I see it live from the Adobe Admin Console - before the event fires on Chrome it will take minutes.

Chrome's having issues lately, another issue we had was with the camera resolutions - they were at 320x240 and Flash was crashing - we changed it to 320x239 and then it's fine most of the time (saw this fix on another forum, somebody had it too).  Anyway, back to the main issue of this thread

Thanks for your answer, appreciate it!

Dany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2012 Oct 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump. Want to make sure this critical issue gets picked up by Adobe engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reproduce the issue on my end. I couldn't notice any delay in the invoke of application.onDisconnect when chrome browser is used. It was called instantaneously.

I created an application and added the following logic in the main.asc

application.onConnect=function(clientObj){

trace("          on connect ");

return true;

};

application.onDisconnect = function(clientObj){

trace("application.onDisconnect called");

}

I connected and disconnected using a sample client and there was no delay in calling application.onDisconnect in admin console live logs.

Can you please share the version of the flash player you are using?

Note : I tried to reproduce the issue by calling explicitly disconnect from client as well as closing the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for testing this.

Something else that I found to narrow down the issue:

When a user is connected via an RTMP NetConnection to the FMS server, the issue doesn't happen.

When connected via an RTMFP NetConnection (which most of our users are) is when the issue happens.

My Chrome version is 22.0.1229.94 m and my FP version is 11.4.31.110

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to investigate with RTMFP and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the same scenarios with RTMFP. But I was getting application.onDisconnect immeadiately.

FP used : 11.4.31.110

Chrome : 22.0.1229.94

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please take a look at this video, where we can clearly see the application.onDisconnect not immediately firing on Chrome like it does on FireFox, and it's the same application.It ALWAYS does that on Chrome.

http://screencast.com/t/JtPeyGIJNYCq

Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 01:32:58 -0600

To: chicohuman@hotmail.com

Subject: Weird issue: application.onDisconnect delayed in Chrome

Re: Weird issue: application.onDisconnect delayed in Chrome

created by Manish K.A in Adobe Media Server - View the full discussion

I tried the same scenarios with RTMFP. But I was getting application.onDisconnect immeadiately. FP used : 11.4.31.110Chrome : 22.0.1229.94

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4817984#4817984

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Media Server by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to view the video you have posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution for this?

I think its such a huge problem that i cant use rtmfp on chrome.

I cant tell my chomre customers "plz disable pepper flash plugin to user our service".

In this way rtmp is the only solution, right?

Anyway I'm very glad cos I've spent hours to find the solution in the FMS configuration XMLs, before this post.

Google its your turn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up in this thread:

Back then Manish and I exchanged a few emails and he was able to reproduce the issue.
The bug was reported and let's hope it's being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2013 Apr 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news of this bug ?

I just reproduced it today, april 2013 with last Chrome 26.01.1410.43

with RTMFP connection. the instance leaves after 10 hours! 😕

RTMP works well

I see some NetStream instances leave, but NetConnection stays

maybe is there any related point with persistent http 1.1 ?

tried on windows XP SP3

but it works on MAC os X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news 11 months after ?

could any Adobe support member answer and tell users about the status ?

I recall the problem.

if RTMFP is used application.onDisconnec() is delayed or doesn't work with Chrome (on windows XP at least)

thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 23, 2014 Feb 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a temporarly solution.

call onbeforeunload javascript event and do a NetConnection.call()  your own server side function so you can fire application.disconnect()

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines