Skip navigation
Phlox_01
Currently Being Moderated

Export to pdf will open different location

Oct 26, 2012 5:29 AM

Tags: #pdf #export

I work with several hundred templates a day in my job some of which were created internally and others by clients. These templates are saved as a document in a specific folder I have on a network drive once they've been altered with clients information. Once approved by our client I export to pdf to print however instead of it asking to save in the folder I've been working in all along it takes me to the desktop. I then have to navigate a long navigation tree to get back to the folder where I would like to save. I have tried shortcuts on the desktop however I still have several folders I have to navigate through to get to my destination folder. This process can be repeated many times throughout the day and has become a bit of a time killer. I see no rhyme or reason to why some files will be trying to export to my desktop and others behave normally (saving to my destination folder). Any insight to what may be going on would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2012 6:52 AM   in reply to Phlox_01

You adjust where you want to save in the preferences

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2012 11:26 AM   in reply to Phillip Jones

Which preference, Philip?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2012 4:11 PM   in reply to Steve Werner

Checked in XI there is not a setting, in previous version you could go into preference and set a predetermined location.

Now the first time you save a Document you browse to desired location and as long as the file isn't moved when you open Acrobat and choose file to open it automatically has remembered  the location is saved.

Choose Save ... PDF

then browser to desired location.

Acrobat will remember it until its moved or drops off the Open Recent list.

Sorry to send everyone on a wild goose chase.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points