Skip navigation
GENESIS
Currently Being Moderated

spot colors not showing correctly in acrobat 11

Oct 26, 2012 6:19 AM

Spot colors not showing correctly in the output preview as well as the page correctly. I have a spot pms

295 on a page in a few different areas of text and backgrounds. The spot color shows on 1 of my backgrounds

and text and a spot color on another background does not. These items are on the same page. Although I

can use the eyedropper to check the color of these items and it states the spot color is present. The page

also prints correctly. Previews not happening.

?????????????

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to GENESIS

Moved to the Acrobat forums. They will be able to help you here.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2012 11:28 AM   in reply to GENESIS

I believe that is a known bug on the Macintosh and probably will be fixed in one of the quarterly updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to GENESIS

Some questions (but will likely not be all of them!):

- Is this Mac-only?  You didn't state your platform.

- did this work correctly in Acrobat X?

- does your document contain any overprinting or transparency?

- is the spot color used in a smooth shade, i.e., "gradation" or blend, if so is the other color also a spot color?

- are you using any RGB images or line-art, tagged or otherwise, in the document?

- Is it correct to assume that the spots display correctly when the Output Preview is closed?

FWIW, I have not seen any problems at all with displaying spot colors either in or outside of the Output Preview, but will try to replicate the problem.  It is always possible that code was introduced late in the projcet that altered behavior, which we may have missed.  There are also quite a few source applications that may handle the color differently before the file is a PDF, and it always is helpful to deconstruct the assembly of said project.

If I am unsuccessful, I may need to request the file in question, which we can do offline.

Thanks!

Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to GENESIS

Could you please try something out, and that is to - besides reporting whether the spot colors are visible without the Output Preview - once when you are back in the Output Preview, to toggle the 'Simulate Overprinting' checkbox on and off, and see whether the spots reappear when the checkbox is deselected.

The next test is to find the panel in the Output Preview titled "Show", and to select "Spot Color" from the Show list and inspect whether the colors are all there.

Could you please report back in these cases, i.e.:

- spots view outside of OP

- spots toggle on/off when the 'Simulate Overprinting' checkbox is toggled

- whether all of the spots show in the SHOW/SPOT COLOR drop down menu inside of OP

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points