Skip navigation
mrhansolo
Currently Being Moderated

Footnote Border

Oct 26, 2012 9:26 AM

Tags: #border #footnote #break

Hello,

For the document I am creating I have a custom footbote border. Its essentially a fancy line. I want to use this image as the border to seperate my page from my footnotes. Unfortunately indesign puts the small line to show the small break between the page and the footnotes and I cannot figure out how to change it to the custom line I have drawn. Any insights on conquering this issue would be appreceiated.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2012 3:04 PM   in reply to mrhansolo

In the Document Footnote Otions dialog open the Layout tab. The bottom half of that screen is devoted to the options for the rule between the body and notes.

On the right side is a dropdown where you can choose any standard line style or any saved custom stroke style you create. If yuo stroke is not a custom or standard stroke style, my guess would be you'd have to set no stroke here, then add your line as an anchored object.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2012 11:47 AM   in reply to mrhansolo

I'm afraid ID won't do that.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2012 11:48 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

You might be able to fake it, though, by putting the image into an Anchored Object at the start of the footnote.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2012 12:15 PM   in reply to mrhansolo

Anchored objects move with the text in which they are anchored. You can read all about them in the Help files.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to mrhansolo

I'm afraid you need to do it for each one.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points