Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Turning Layer in to a Mask Layer

Oct 26, 2012 2:09 PM

Tags: #mask #text #layer

I'm creating text writing itself via masking. when I convert my layer to mask all my layers including the mask layer disappears. I've followed this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PTlqGxT99M) step by step and as soon as I change my layer to mask it make everything disappear. Can it be my setting? Can someone give me some ideas please, thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2012 3:00 PM   in reply to DiegoMunoz007

It might be doing exactly what it normally does.  Try running your movie and see if it plays.

When you create a timeline mask, the mask layer and the layers that it masks are automatically locked (look at the locks next to the layer name) and the contents are visually active as masked layers.  If your mask is used to gradually reveal, until you run the file, it is not revealing anything.  If the mask is being used to limit a viewing area then with the layers locked you would see the mask working to reveal only that area even without running the file.

If you unlock the layers you should be able to see things again.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 26, 2012 4:34 PM   in reply to DiegoMunoz007

You can't attch files in the forums, but you can include screenshots.  So far what you describe still sounds normal, except when you said you ran the file and saw nothing, but that too i ssubject to seeing what you have done for the animation.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points